Inquiry about real time visit streaming

• Hi Guys,

I was thinking of a new feature for KRpano, but wanted to check with you about the technical limitations before my imagination goes wild. Would it be possible to somehow have a functionality where I could click on a hotspot and that would send in real time a link or notification to a friend that would allow them to watch what I am watching. Basically the link would serve as some sort of stream method that would transfer all what I looking at in real time. Cool functionality for sharing VR experiences.

Thanks. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Al.

• You just need to use the javascript communication

Hi sachagriffin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's amazing, that it's doable.

I'm not sure what you refer to by a js communication.But I've had a go at it managed to capture my own lookats using a piece of JS that records the lookats onto a JSON file and executes a PHP which simply writes this onto a file in onto a server. Not sure if this si the right way of doing things.

The thing I am most struggling with is how would I manage from these coordiantes that are recorded every 0.5 seconds to have a friend of mine see exactly what I am seeings. I was thinking of using these as variables and controls the scenes where to lookat. Is there a simpler way of doing such a thing ? *confused* *confused*

Thanks for your response ;)

*squint* *squint*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!