Krpano Tools and processing on remote servers.

• Hi, I'm in the process of putting together a plan to use the krpano tools on a bunch of remote servers probably running ubuntu 14 or 16 server not desktop to process incoming panos and store the final results to a s3 bucket.

The idea would be to build a site maybe using an existing framework such as wordpress or drupal to allow users to upload the stitched pano file, which would then save this file in a s3 bucket with the proper path lets call it something like

s3bucket name/userid/nameofpano/http://nameofpano.jpg/tif etc.

Once uploaded the server would create a job to let any open servers not processing start to process this file with the remote path. If no servers are free to then put that process in the queue, with storing the final results in a web facing s3 bucket that then wordpress or drupal could load and display.

Has anyone taking on this challenge and does what Im suggesting seem reasonable with this tool set. What issues could I see.

• Hi,

developing a server side software for pano processing and using the krpano tools internally is possible, but that needs to be done by yourself, that's nothing that krpano provides.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Oh I get it, I was just asking if anyone has done this, and what I suggested above as my thought process is on track.. I didnt ever say the tools need to just work out of the box and process server stuff.

Hi,

developing a server side software for pano processing and using the krpano tools internally is possible, but that needs to be done by yourself, that's nothing that krpano provides.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Oh I get it, I was just asking if anyone has done this, and what I suggested above as my thought process is on track.. I didnt ever say the tools need to just work out of the box and process server stuff.

There are at least a few dozen websites that currently do this. I built mine in 2011.

• You can install the tools on the server, and just call them with php for example, you can make exec(krpanotools.....

My suggestion would be try to make something asynchronus so you don't leave any process pending and you can go ahead with the other tasks.

Good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!