You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 5:00pm

Video failing to play on some devices

Hello

I am experiencing an issue with a tour I recently made

On a number of the client's desktop devices, videos are failing to play.
An error is then displayed in the console. on the client's device. I cannot reproduce this problem on my own devices.

I tried converting the videos from mp4 to webm (using ffmpeg), as suggested at https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…&threadID=10123

However, the issue still persists. In both situations, the video plays when directly navigated to in the address bar.
What could be going on here? Is this a failure on WebGL level?

I have tried many things, and am desperate for any advice on this.

Thank you in advance for any advice you could be providing into this matter.

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 6:44pm

console reports: Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The element has no supported sources.

I think it's something new with chrome.. embedded videos don't work

Klaus? *confused*

I guess all mp4 need to be webm now. If it isn't one thing.. its another.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 1:12am

I've also run into the same error also with an mp4 in Chrome 55.0.2883.75. If I reload the page it doesn't always reoccur.

Wednesday, January 4th 2017, 9:26pm

Greetings~

An update on this type of issue~ On my end I found that the server that was hosting the .mp4 didn't recognize the file as being an .mp4 so by the time it gets to the client, the .mp4 wouldn't load causing an error. We ended up adding a config file in the root so our server would recognize the .mp4 format and thus the client would receive the appropriate file.

Hope this can help someone~

cheers~

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 12:25pm

For 360 and 'normal' videos I'd recommend processing using handbrake to reduce size and speed up playback