• I have recently had this output from krpanotools:

ktransform 1.19 Pre Release 3 - 64bit (build 2015-08-04)
    loading inputimage ...
    libjpeg - Application transferred too few scanlines

when trying to execute this command (in a batch file):
    CALL "%~dp0\%KRPANOTOOLSEXE%" sphere2cube view "%%~V" "%%~nV_px.jpg" 0 -90 0 90 -outsize=%cubesize% -jpegquality=92 -jpegoptimize

It has not failed this way in the past. Input file exists and has even dimensions, cubesize is always "1920x1920".

Do you have any insights on this?

-- Tom

• How can you tell that the problem is not on the output side? The error message blames the application for not supplying enough data.

The input jpeg files are not corrupt. They are handled without error by Photoshop, ImageMagick, Windows Media Player etc. In fact I get this problem with jpegs created by Phtoshop and ImageMagick, neither of which is known for making bad jpegs.

I have found numerous web references to bugs that evoked this error message. Most seem to involve a problem with odd vs even scanline counts that may be related to some long-time bug in libjpeg. However in no case did I see a complete and convincing analysis. The authors either found some kind of workaround, or gave up.

I have not tried more recent versions of krpano tools, nor applications other than generating ORBX cubefaces. But I will be glad to perform any tests you suggest.

• Hi,

How can you tell that the problem is not on the output side?

Because according to your post the error happens during the 'loading inputimage ...' console output.
    When the loading would have be done successfully there would be a 'done. (input imagesize WxH)' console output after that.

If you want you can send me your affected image, then I can try to find out more.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!