Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 26. Mai 2014, 06:27

Is there a way to calculate distance from KRPano viewer?

I'm not sure where I should this, but it might related to some coding so I decided to ask in this forum

At this time, my superior is curious whether how can she calculate the distance from point A to point B of the viewer in Metres or Inches (or by some measurement unit). For example, the image below describe my question

I'm not sure whether there are any plugin that can help to calculate this or I need to write my own algorithms to solve this problem.

Thanks for the answer :)

Dienstag, 27. Mai 2014, 08:27

Unfortunately the answer is no! There is no way to calculate the distance between two points in panoramas. How should krpano know the real world-scaling and proportions of any objects on your photos?! All you could do is embedding these kind of informations into a database to use and show them inside krpano.

Dienstag, 27. Mai 2014, 10:46

So, just as I thought

Actually, after having playing with KRPano for a while, I already thought that this is impossible to do.....

But because my superior forced me to find the way so I have no other choice but asking someone first to find the proof and fact to defend against their theory.....

Beruf: Virtual Tours - Photography - Krpano developer

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2014, 22:28

That image could be a street, a mountain range or the center of a chess board. You would need stereo panoramas to work out the actual distance.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Freitag, 30. Mai 2014, 06:27

Hi!
you can calculate distance between some objects only.
For example, if you put hotspot at the far end of street "A" and one hotspot close "B"
then you can calculate distance between these hotspots.
But you need to set some additional attributes to hotspot
altitude and longitude for example
or some different coordinates
Then calculation will be possible.

Regards
Andrey
VRAP - desktop VR content player based on krpano.
Common tasks in one place in one click! Discussion thread
DOWNLOAD for MAC
DOWNLOAD for WIN

Sonntag, 1. Juni 2014, 23:17

rather than have a measuring tool, you could add little points, perhaps hotspots or on the pano itself using photoshop that illustrates the scale. You would have to measure the distance of course but it might give a sense of scale...

Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014, 16:14

Already all sad but if your point A and point B latitude and longitude know you can make calculations.

Don't think that any other scaling or other ways are possible as content of the images is not important afaik.

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 16. Oktober 2017, 17:27

I think this is totally possible, we just need to know the distance to the ground from the camera, that way you can know if you have a

Zitat

street, a mountain range or the center of a chess board
visita3d.com advanced virtual tours
a new way to communicate

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017, 13:50

Hi,

i have this perfectly working. With two pano's though.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017, 17:03

Why with 2 panos ?

if you just want to make ground level measures it should work with a single image , when you know the height of the camera from the ground.

I'm thinking of the equations that allows me a good precision, point line plane like kandinsky style ;)

PD: I know with 2 panos you can get the volume of every object, not only the ground.
Can you show some sample ?
visita3d.com advanced virtual tours
a new way to communicate