Kev-in-spain

Fortgeschrittener

• »Kev-in-spain« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: VR Photographer

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 10:37

include/exclude xml

Hi all,
Is there any way to include/exclude an external xml using 'onclick'?
To explain, I am putting together a tour for a client of a house build which will be split into phases as the job progresses.
I want to use a menu sidebar for the navigation but the menu needs to change as the user clicks through the different phases of the work.
The only way my small brain can think to do this is to have a separate menu.xml for each phase and activate/deactivate them as required... or is there another way?

Thanks

Kev

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 14:07

Make the menu dynamic (or re-generate) and just apply new settings by an smart action would do the job i guess.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Kev-in-spain

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 14:17

Thanks for responding Tuur, but you obviously missed the 'my small brain' part of my post *wacko*
I don't know how to do what you are suggesting.

Kev-in-spain

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 08:15

Anyone?

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 10:49

hm, i dont think that works.

why not define both your sidebars and set one of them to visible=false / enabled=false
and the onclick action just switches this, for example

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 11:20

I guess you use some kind of side bar similar to or same as my Side Menu. If you explore this (see online link) you will see there is option to change menu language. What this is doing? It is dynamically changing menu items. Something very similar you have to do for your phases. Don't know how phases are choosen but exploring the code from menu, adapting instead of language to use phase you can achieve that. In case of need I can directly support you as I am dealing with different menus last years (in that case come to me via mail with details on support needs + working project package to work with)

Kev-in-spain

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 19:15

Hi Umalo, the side bar is not similar nor the same, it is actually your creation that I'm using! *smile*
Thanks for the suggestion you have put forward. Even with my small brain capacity, I can understand how to apply this... I think!

By the way, is there a preview of the pro version available yet?

Thanks again for your support.

Best
Kev

Kev-in-spain

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 19:19

Hi indexofrefraction (surely that can't be your real name! *g* )
I think I might have tried that before I posted here for help but couldn't get it to work. I was probably doing something wrong.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Kev