Spherical stereoscopic panoramic video [solved]

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a pano tour including a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video (with VR support), but without success.

The video plays just fine, but is shown as a cylinder form and not as sphere. Which means I get a black round area at the top and the bottom (basically looking like a ceiling and a floor when you are in VR), rather than seeing the video all around like the non-stereoscopic version.
    - whether I change the panorama type to 'sphere' or 'cylinder' doesn't make a difference.
    - also changing the stereoformat to SBS and using a side-by-side video doesn't make a difference.

As a test, I have used the 'demotour-stereoscopic' example, from the examples in the krpano software download, as a basis and have added a video using the instructions/code from https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.stereoformat as followed:

Code
    <plugin name="video"
            url.flash="videoplayer.swf"
            url.html5="videoplayer.js"
            videourl="video.m4v|video.webm"
            />

<image>
        <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or does anyone have an example of a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video anywhere? I haven't been able to find a working stereoscopic example, only for images but not video.

Thanks!
    Joël

Edited once, last by Joel (February 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM).

• Hi,

in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?

E.g. try it that way (assuming your input video has a 360x180 TB image):

Code
    <image hfov="360" vfov="180" stereo="true" stereoformat="TB">
      <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?

Hi Klaus,

thank you very much for you reply and help! *smile* You have found the problem for me. Something must have gone wrong when I copied the code into my post, as I did have the 'stereo' and 'stereoformat' options included in my code (hence my reference to the #image.stereoformat page).

However, I did NOT have a hfov and vfov set (perhaps worth adding this to the #image.stereoformat documentation example ?) and this seems to do the trick! After adding those parameters, the video is shown all around as a sphere instead of as a cylinder. I can imagine that by leaving out hfov and vfov, it either tries to guess the values or use default values or so...? which resulted in a cylinder form apparently.

Thanks again for the help!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!