Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Tuur

Erleuchteter

• »Tuur« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 30. Mai 2017, 15:46

Local playback on android Galaxy S7 (solved)

Hi,

i have this S7 now, yes i am a mac guy..
I wonder how i could view a krpano project locally on this S7.
I made a zip and downloaded it.
When i try to open the index.html...
I get lost here.
I have Firefox set as standard browser, but it shows only chrome and some other stuff to open it with.

Anybody here for some help here?

Edit: found it already

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tuur« (30. Mai 2017, 21:52)

Scott Witte

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Professional Photographer

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 21:54

Edit: found it already

Please share. Some of the rest of us (me) would really love to know your solution.

Thanks!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Witte« (4. Juni 2017, 22:38)

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017, 11:03

Hi,

well, what i did was making a zip file of the project put it online and download it with the android phone.
Then open it (the index.html) with Firefox.
Make sure you have firefox installed ;-)

Hope it helps
Tuur *thumbsup*

Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017, 13:09

I wonder how i could view a krpano project locally on this S7.

.. just run a webserver on your Android .. best one for me KSWEB

greetz
mil

Scott Witte

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017, 22:28

Tuur and Milemann,

Thanks! This should be very helpful for a couple projects I' working on.

Scott Witte

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 9. Juni 2017, 01:45

Found another way, use Samsung SideSync This lets you connect the phone to your computer either by WiFi or USB. Just transfer files to the phone's storage folder of choice.

Tuur

Erleuchteter

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 9. Juni 2017, 07:06

Wondering if this works when i connect the android phone to my mac ...

Tuur *thumbsup*

Samstag, 10. Juni 2017, 08:59

I testing on all my mobile devices via wifi router and local adress 192.168.x.x:8000/ Base testing server makes normal http server working on local network.

publicitarios360

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Architect, Photographer, Programmer.

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. Februar 2018, 03:02

In short: Is it possible to execute (with android server) the index.html inside a.zip without unloading it before?

Best rewards, Fernando.

Scott Witte

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. Februar 2018, 03:51

In short: Is it possible to execute (with android server) the index.html inside a.zip without unloading it before?

I can't imagine how. Take a look at Virtual Tour Pro to play the VT on Android. Works really well for me.

publicitarios360

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Architect, Photographer, Programmer.

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. Februar 2018, 15:56

well, what i did was making a zip file of the project put it online and download it with the android phone.
Then open it (the index.html) with Firefox.
Make sure you have firefox installed
Perhaps Tuur may clarify us how he made it. (The downloadind is automotatic when open a zip?)

With respect to VTPro I do not believe that an option be excellent for the customer. I keep on thinking that a local server like the AndroPHP is better or Android Web Server (mentioned for Klaus). Already in the following link we were commenting VTPro. I would like to know your opinion in detail.

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…&threadID=15910

Scott Witte

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. Februar 2018, 17:11

I have run tours locally on Android using a web server and using VTPro. When you put it in a client's hands you need for it to be as foolproof as possible. Using a web server I found something always goes wrong, eventually. While doing something like rebooting the phone to fix things may be simple for me, it can be way beyond what a visitor center attendant wants to deal with.

I just started using VTPro but it seems dead simple and reliable -- as long as you follow the instructions exactly. Just make sure your install looks like the file structure image in the instructions. And if you transfer using a zip file I am pretty sure you would have to unzip it into the .virtual-tour folder. VTPro has to find index.html in the root of that folder. I assure you, setting up a web server is far more involved.

It helps tremendously to have a file manager on the phone that gives access to hidden files and folders. The .virtual-tour folder you have to create will be hidden. I use Astro File Manager. It is free and highly capable. Just check the box in its setup menu to show hidden files.

As for transferring files to the phone, I believe you only need a USB cable that can plug into the phone and computer. Install the USB driver for your phone on your computer and you should be able to open up the phone storage like any external drive. On my PC I open the phone in explorer. I can create the hidden folder (.virtual-tour) and move files to it. But once everything is disconnected, when you reconnect the phone and open it in explorer you won't be able to see or access any hidden folders. That is where the file manager on the phone proves vital.

Get the free version of VTPro to test. So far, I can't recommend it highly enough.