Joel

Anfänger

• »Joel« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Interaction- and webdesigner

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018, 16:06

Spherical stereoscopic panoramic video [solved]

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pano tour including a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video (with VR support), but without success.

The video plays just fine, but is shown as a cylinder form and not as sphere. Which means I get a black round area at the top and the bottom (basically looking like a ceiling and a floor when you are in VR), rather than seeing the video all around like the non-stereoscopic version.
- whether I change the panorama type to 'sphere' or 'cylinder' doesn't make a difference.
- also changing the stereoformat to SBS and using a side-by-side video doesn't make a difference.

As a test, I have used the 'demotour-stereoscopic' example, from the examples in the krpano software download, as a basis and have added a video using the instructions/code from https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.stereoformat as followed:

Quellcode

<plugin name="video"
        url.flash="videoplayer.swf"
        url.html5="videoplayer.js"
        videourl="video.m4v|video.webm"
        />

<image>
    <sphere url="plugin:video" />
</image>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or does anyone have an example of a spherical stereoscopic panoramic video anywhere? I haven't been able to find a working stereoscopic example, only for images but not video.

Thanks!
Joël

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Joel« (20. Februar 2018, 18:58)

Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018, 21:42

Hi,

in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?

E.g. try it that way (assuming your input video has a 360x180 TB image):

Quellcode

<image hfov="360" vfov="180" stereo="true" stereoformat="TB">
  <sphere url="plugin:video" />
</image>

Best regards,
Klaus

Joel

Anfänger

• »Joel« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Interaction- and webdesigner

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. Februar 2018, 18:56

in the code that you have posted above there are no stereo settings...?
Hi Klaus,

thank you very much for you reply and help! *smile* You have found the problem for me. Something must have gone wrong when I copied the code into my post, as I did have the 'stereo' and 'stereoformat' options included in my code (hence my reference to the #image.stereoformat page).

However, I did NOT have a hfov and vfov set (perhaps worth adding this to the #image.stereoformat documentation example ?) and this seems to do the trick! After adding those parameters, the video is shown all around as a sphere instead of as a cylinder. I can imagine that by leaving out hfov and vfov, it either tries to guess the values or use default values or so...? which resulted in a cylinder form apparently.

Thanks again for the help!

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018, 23:06

Hi,

by default - that means when using 360x180 images - adding hfov/vfov values wouldn't be necessary, but I will add a note in the documentation with the next release that adding these setting might be necessary.

Best regards,
Klaus