Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 16. April 2018, 15:13

Offline exe for client (without server)

Hi All,

Can anyone advise if we can export our Virtual Tours to an exe or similar?
I have a client who will need to view offline and without the server running. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Montag, 16. April 2018, 16:44

I already done this (quite long time ago) by using the flash version of the tour : you embed all the file in the .swf and it can be read locally (obviously, with flash previously installed on the machine)... but i don't really know if this solution is still working now.

Montag, 16. April 2018, 19:49

Hi,

using the simple 'tour_testingserver' (could be renamed into any name) is no option?

Otherwise you could use Electron or NW.js to build standalone offline applications - especially NW.js is easy here - just point to the tour.html in the package.json and done. The only disadvantage with them is the filesize (~80MB) and the lot of files.

Best regards,
Klaus

Dienstag, 17. April 2018, 12:56

Thank you both for your reply and advise, i will give the them a go and let you know how i get on.

Dienstag, 17. April 2018, 13:33

Hi Klaus.

I have no knowledge of this process, if at all possible could you point me to a tutorial or images showing how to point to the tour.html in the package.json.

Would be appreciated. many thanks.

Gestern, 12:05

Hi,

okay, here step by step for Windows:
  1. download NW.js here: https://nwjs.io/
  2. extract it anywhere
  3. build a tour using the MAKE VTOUR droplet
  4. copy the 'vtour' folder into the extracted nwjs folder
  5. create a 'package.json' file inside the 'nwjs' folder with any texteditor with the following content:

Source code

{"name":"My tour", "main":"vtour/tour.html"}

6. click the nw.exe to start the tour (the nw.exe could be renamed if you want)

Best regards,
Klaus

Gestern, 15:06

Many thanks Klaus,

I'll give this a go and let you know how i get on.

Gestern, 17:16

Hi Klaus,

Ive created the .json file Using a json file editor, please see my images attached.

And placed it in the correcr location.

however this does not create a new .json file. when i press the existing .exe nothing happens?
»lynck82« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Capture_02.JPG
  • Capture_03.JPG

Gestern, 21:22

Please follow the instructions exactly ;-) - the file need to be named 'package.json' - no other name will work!

And you don't need a 'json' editor, any text editor will do!

For more information about the package.json' file from NW.js please see also here:
http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/References/Manifest%20Format/
In that file settings like the window size, the icon and so could be added.