Report of Testing 1.19-16 Gyroscope issue.

• Hi, this test was made with a phone with real gyroscope sensor.
    Android version 4.4.4

Firefox 34: work fine (but not FS)
    Chrome 39: work fine, Full Screen OK.
    Chrome 47: work fine, Full Screen OK.
    Chrome 63: the gyro only work for tilt

Best regards,
    fernando

Edited 2 times, last by Fernando: To update info of others browsers tested,,, (April 16, 2018 at 2:45 AM).

• Hi,

sorry, not sure what you mean...
    What exactly is the problem in 1.19-pr16 with the gyroscope?

Basically nothing has been changed there, except:

• the workarounds for the Chrome 65 bugs - and these workarounds (using the setting sensor=0 by default) only get applied to the Chrome 65 browser of course
    • and except the radians/degree change for Chrome 66 and higher - and that also only get applied to that Chrome versions

More information here:
    krpano 1.19-pr15 / pr16

And I can say the gyro is working on ALL my test-devices: several iPhones and iPads, S3, S5, S7, S8, Note4, LG G3, Nexus9, Amazon Fire 8 and some more...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• What exactly is the problem in 1.19-pr16 with the gyroscope?

Hi, Klaus. The problem report is for 1.19-pr16 with Chrome 63 for Android. The panorama when the gyro was activated, only can move vertically, which happens when there is not a real gyroscope sensor. I checked that the sensor existed and then installed an old chrome version in the mobile (Chrome39). With this old version, with the gyro activated, the panorama It works normally: You can see in any direction, not only in the vertical direction.

And I can say the gyro is working on ALL my test-devices: several iPhones and iPads, S3, S5, S7, S8, Note4, LG G3, Nexus9, Amazon Fire 8 and some more...

Did you try this with chrome 63 for Andoid? My device is Motorola Droid mini. Android 4.4.4

Note: I have unfortunately lost Chrome's apk 63, to substitute for Chrome 47, I forgot to make a back up copy. But I only tried chrome 63 with the version 1,19,16. I have not meant that it run ok on another previous version of krpano. I had not tried that before because he did not have cellular phone with real gyroscope.

Best regards, Fernando

Edited once, last by Fernando (April 16, 2018 at 2:28 AM).

• Maybe the Android version (4.4) is too old...

It works that way: krpano => depends on the browser => the browser depends on the system => and the system depends on the device drivers (and the available sensors of course)...

Only slow vertical movement means - no gyroscope data! (for what reason whatever)

The horizontal movement and the quick movements are calculated using the gyroscope data, but the 'stabilization' (leveling and rolling) from the accelerometer sensor. So without gyroscope data only a slow leveling is happening...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!