What triggers havevrimage to be true?

• This does not seem to be documented. Is there something in the webvr.js that detects some criteria to trigger this to true? I am noticing a buggy transition to webvr that seems to be tracked back to skin_reloadscene_webvr() finding this value not set. If I manually set it in my <scene name="xxx" havevrimage="true">, it seems fine but I noticed that the default krpano tour.xml file does not set this value and the transition to VR is still very clean with strereo images.

We are implementing a slightly different file structure but the equivalent of our tour.xml file is structured like this as it pertains to the stereo images...

<scene>
    <image stereo="true" stereolabels="1|2">
    <cube url="panos/abc.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>
    <cube url="panos/abc.tiles/mobile/pano_%s.jpg" devices="mobile"/>
    <cube url="panos/abc.tiles/hires/pano_%s.jpg" if="stagewidth GT 3500"/> (loads higher res content for 4k displays)
    <cube url="panos/abc.tiles/vr/pano_%t_%s.jpg" if="webvr.isenabled"/>
    </image>
    </scene>

I suspect this file could be structured a little more efficiently but is there some reason havevrimage is not returning true in the skin_reloadscene_webvr() function? I'd prefer to to have to manually set this if we don't have/need to.

Edited once, last by bhh (April 24, 2018 at 6:05 PM).

• Well after a little more digging, it looks like the default tour.xml is not triggering havevrimage to true either so it looks like the intended use is just as a scene.havevrimage toggle. I was able to track down my buggy transition to WebVR to the way I was reloading the scene rather than just setting havevrimage="true" and letting the skin_reloadscene_webvr() function take care of it.

• Hi,

that 'havevrimage' thing is not a viewer feature, that's something custom from the vtourskin.xml and by used when using the 'MAKE VTOUR (VR-OPT) droplet'.

That droplet builds 'special' (=reduced size and non-tiled) image for VR viewing.
    They need fewer more mem and no reloading and that's important to avoid any interrupts during viewing in VR.

And the vtourskin.xml in this cases checks if havevrimage is defined, and if yes, it reloads the current scene to load that special VR images.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!