Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018, 12:39

Would be great indeed if we could have access to the mouse pointer thingy.

the api link i posted before shows something about it, i thought
https://developer.oculus.com/documentati…rvr-controller/

i didnt really look into it but if i would have an oculus i'd try...
at least the buttons should be readable from what i've seen there

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: creating ideas & coding them

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018, 13:20

Me to just arrived today from Netherlands, hey Tuur you have all of them in your country *thumbup*
visita3d.com advanced virtual tours
a new way to communicate

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018, 13:27

haha.. yeahhh!

I looked at that link 'index' posted, not sure if i understand it all right, but i think it makes not much sense using the buttons when the pointer doesn't work in the pano.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018, 03:43

*sad* I got my Go last week. Great product but I am bummed that I can’t use with my krpano tours. All my tours are hosted behind a firewall and the Go has no vpn capability and my enterprise won’t let an unmanaged device on the network. Hopefully I can find a way around but if not I will be rebuilding in another platform.

tksharpless

Schüler

Beruf: Retired S/W engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018, 05:39

Controller tracking + controller rendering + pointer rendering is something that need get implemented manually - and that will come of course. It's just a lot of work and needs time (and there are also a lot of other features and things to work on).
Sure. But the pointing device is really the most important webVR function. Could you just give us a primitive API for receiving pointer movements and clicks, now, and leave elegant cursor support for later?

tksharpless

Schüler

Beruf: Retired S/W engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018, 06:51

Now I understand your position much better.

I have had a look at various WebGL docs, and am appalled to see that there actually is no standard for a universal basic pointing device.

The standard designers are apparently afraid of the h/w designers, who of course have no clear idea of how a UI should work. So whatever gets done is still up to individual coders and hackers.

Still, a professional tour UI needs an agile point and click device, not the clumsy gaze cursor. We are counting on you to make that happen.

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018, 10:09

Are VR 360 video working on Oculus Go?

Hi,
I cannot get 360 videos (vr or otherwise) to play on the Oculus go. Did someone try? do they work?

Thanks
Edit: nevermind, it works..

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018, 18:20

offline pano

hi, is there a way to launch a krpano on the oculus go without network, may be on a SDCARD or on the 32Go onside ?

Thanks

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018, 09:40

hi, is there a way to launch a krpano on the oculus go without network, may be on a SDCARD or on the 32Go onside ?
The Oculus Browser is Chrome-based and Chrome doesn't allow access to local content by default, so I don't think that's possible.

Here a 'half-offline' possibility that should work:
- use a localhost-server-app on a mobile phone with all panos/tours stored
- make a wlan-hotspot on that phone
- connect the Oculus Go with that wlan-hotspot
- open the IP-address of the localhost-server-app in the Oculus browser

Best regards,
Klaus

igor.socha

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Photographer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018, 21:27

Or maybe this will be the solution:

Running Virtual Tour locally on a remote PC and connecting with Oculus Go via Virtual Desktop?

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8f3msf/virtual_desktop_is_coming_to_go_and_gearvr/
Best regards,
Igor Socha

Gestern, 10:36

Running Virtual Tour locally on a remote PC and connecting with Oculus Go via Virtual Desktop?

Sorry, but why and for what?
I don't think that WebVR would that way and the Oculus Go doesn't need an additional PC to run krpano tours...

igor.socha

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Photographer

• Nachricht senden

Gestern, 11:56

Sorry, but why and for what?
I don't think that WebVR would that way and the Oculus Go doesn't need an additional PC to run krpano tours...
Don´t know, perhaps would be more reliable to run it from a PC then from mobile phone, or?
E.g. for a touristic fair?
Best regards,
Igor Socha

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: creating ideas & coding them

• Nachricht senden

Gestern, 13:10

I know it's a different usage but using the testing server from krpano it's very comfortable *thumbsup*

Server address for the local network: (e.g. for wlan/wifi mobile devices)
http://192.168.1.37:55361

Of course in that point you need wifi, but you can debug very easily
visita3d.com advanced virtual tours
a new way to communicate

Gestern, 20:39

Don´t know, perhaps would be more reliable to run it from a PC then from mobile phone, or?

The question was how to use krpano on the Oculus Go without an Internet connection, therefore the suggestion of using a mobile phone as a wlan-hotspot and running a localhost server app there.

But when there is a PC or Mac in the local / same network as the Oculus Go, then using the krpano Testing Server would be the recommended solution of course ;-).

Best regards,
Klaus