You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

benji33

Intermediate

• "benji33" started this thread

Tuesday, June 26th 2018, 5:00pm

Gyroscope v2 plugin and partial panoramas

Hello,

I've tested Gyro2 with partial panoramas and it seems there are some strange behaviors, see below. Tested on iOS 11.4 Safari with an iPhone 6S.

For instance I've a partial panorama with this view tag and the gyroscope is enabled only after the onavailable event check action which is done after a 1 second delay, see below my settings :

Source code

<view fisheye="0"
          limitview="range"
          hlookatmin="-95.890000000000001"
          hlookatmax="95.890000000000001"
          vlookatmin="-13.560000000000002"
          vlookatmax="26.32"
          maxpixelzoom="1.0"
          fovtype="VFOV"
          fovmax="90"
          fov="39.880000"
          hlookat="0.000000"
          vlookat="6.380000"/>

Source code

<plugin name="gyroscope"
        url="gyro2.js"
        keep="true"
        devices="no-desktop.and.html5"
        onunavailable="actionGyroUnavailable();"
        sensor_mode="1"
        friction="auto"
        autocalibration="true"
        touch_mode="full"
        onavailable="delayedcall(1, actionGyroAvailable(););"
        enabled="false"
        activated="false"
        />

1. If I deactivate the gyroscope and activate it again, with the switch() action, on the same partial scene, the partial limits are lost and I can see the black part of the sphere.
2. If I deactivate the camroll on the "onnewpano" event when the new scene is a partial one, to avoid the display of black parts in corners, I've noticed that the gyroscope can be freezed. It happens frequently.
3. If the partial scene is the first one of the tour the partial limits are not respected and I can see the black parts of the sphere when the gyroscope is activated.
4. Navigating to a new scene resolve all issues but not the freeze of the gyroscope. In this case only a switch of the enabled property is working.

Thanks for the check.

Friday, June 29th 2018, 7:10pm

Hi,

sorry, not sure what you mean (do you have an example?) but viewing limits are not supported in the gyro2 control...

But maybe see here for a hacky and unsupported solution:
Gyro v2 in 1.19 pr19 does not respect limitview restrictions

Best regards,
Klaus