Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: creating ideas & coding them

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 11:00

pretty useless for krpano right now

why ?

I'm ( and my clients ) enjoying so much navigating my tours with oculus go, and with stereo panoramas it's even greater.

If you apply the tricks to oversample you can get native resolution and behaviour.

What is just missing (hope for a few time) is the controller, then it will be freaking awesome.
everpano.com smart virtual tours

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 11:11

+1 *love*
love it already.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 11:26

Hi,

Zitat

In my Gear VR with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 result is also good.
Only problems I have is in my Oculus Rift on Win 10 Firefox 60.0, GTX 970.On my left eye I have only the upper half of the image, on my right eye only black.
This hapens when I set oversampling over 1.4.
1.4 is ok on Rift 1.5 not.
Can somebody confirm?
Is it general oversampling problem, or hardware problem on my side (old graphics)?
On Desktop oversampling should be normally not used by default.
Normally a desktop browser should already report/request the 'optional' rendering resolution.

By using the oversampling setting, the requested rendering resolution will be scaled - and depending on the GPU, the system, the VR hardware and also the browser itself, at some point the resulting size could be simply too much...

And as you don't know what hardware will be used (e.g. how powerful), the oversampling setting should be used with care there.

For fixed/predefined hardware like the Oculus Go is easier to add some 'optimizing settings' because all Oculus Gos are basically using the same hardware and software. But even there some care is required - e.g. Oculus could increase the default rendering resolution with a software update and then the oversampling would cause a too high resolution.

Btw - the next krpano version will have therefore use automatically an higher oversampling settings for the Oculus Go - and it will also be checking what resolution will be originally requested by the browser to make sure to not to use a too high one.

Zitat

from what i read the oculus go could be a game changer
'game changer' - no sure about that, it's one more VR-headset, but an inexpensive and very comfortable one with good image quality.

Zitat

but is actually pretty useless for krpano right now.
Hell no - it works great with krpano, especially when using well-sized images and higher oversampling settings - the image quality and performance will be like native apps.
Why do you think it's pretty useless?

Best regards,
Klaus

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 13:47

from following the threads i had the impression that there are a lot of problems using it w krpano...
maybe i left a few lines... index hides ... *whistling*

so you guys get a good visual quality and also handling is not too complicated?

for me it should be possible to send it to a client preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

best index

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 13:51

preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

Nothing need to be preinstalled, just go to the browser and navigate to URL like always, that's all

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 16:39

preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

Nothing need to be preinstalled, just go to the browser and navigate to URL like always, that's all

but can you preinstall a tour?
for offline usage

jordi

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 17:55

but can you preinstall a tour?
for offline usage

If you do not hack it, you cannot have local files

herrpedro

Schüler

Beruf: Programmer/analyst

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 14. Juli 2018, 19:40

ohhhh yeaHHHhhh...

Got my GO today, and i works nice!!
Would be great indeed if we could have access to the mouse pointer thingy.

love it!
Tuur *thumbsup*

just added event to click, single click, key down and key up

apparently key down and up are fired when the back key is pressed to exit vr
the click is not fired in vr mode... oinly in regular browser mode

i'd be happy to capture the click to we cod aim with the gaze cursor and no need to gaze.. click with the command would be ok..

just put the cross on the hotspot and click in the remote.. no need for fancy remote drawings