Problems with Video integration (Chrome 69?)

• I'm beginning to work on integrating some animated panos into our tours and running into some issues with the videos playing.

This link...
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/source/example.html

Works and plays properly. However, i download the sample code and either run it with the testingserver.exe or upload it to our webserver and run it there, the video apparently loads (shows first frame of video), but does not play.

I'm using Chrome 69 and suspect the problem may be resulting from the browser's new policies regarding auto-playing video buy don't understand why it is working fine on the KRPano site and nowhere else.

EDIT 1: I actually noticed that the video will play on the krpano site when the link is clicked but if the URL is refreshed or "copy and pasted" into the address bar, it exhibits the same frozen behavior. Something weird is going on.

EDIT 2: If I create web page with an href that links to the example.html on our webserver, the video plays properly. The goal here is to have video panos replace regular photo panos in some instances so I'm not sure yet how this is going to play out or if a work-around is possible.

EDIT 3: After working on this all day, it seems setting "muted="true" allows the video to play automatically. Is there a known workaround for video with sound?

Edited 4 times, last by bhh (September 28, 2018 at 11:16 PM).

• Hi,

that's related to the Chrome autoplay changes for Desktop.
    For videos with sound an user-interaction like a click will be necessary to allow the playing.

EDIT 1: I actually noticed that the video will play on the krpano site when the link is clicked but if the URL is refreshed or "copy and pasted" into the address bar, it exhibits the same frozen behavior. Something weird is going on.

That's how Chrome is working, that's not related to krpano.

In the next krpano release the 'autoplay-workarounds' from mobile (like waiting for the first click/touch anywhere to start automatically an autoplay-blocked video) will be also available for desktop. In the 'open-source' plugin version from above you could also try adding that yourself.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!