Side Menu Plugin (new plugin from today)

• Object in menu can be switch to upper/lower group so we can't have it closing menu on every click. Easy solution is to activate menu to be closed directly in side menu xml definition. After loadscene action you can add:

Code
    slide_menu_left();

Example of one menu item link:

Code
    link="loadscene(pano1_1,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));slide_menu_left();"

Action slide_menu_left is already defined within side menu code.

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly!

Regards! *thumbsup*

• Hi Umalo and thanks for allowing us to use your work.
    There is one suggestion I have:
    Would it be possible to have the side bar 'remember' what scene is being viewed by the user?
    That is to say, when the user has clicked a main menu tab to open a sub menu, clicked to enter a scene and then closed the side bar, when re-opening the side bar to choose another scene, it opens at the main menu and the process must be repeated.
    In a tour with many scenes, this could get confusing.
    So, to repeat my question, could the side bar be made to open showing the sub menu relating to the scene being viewed?... and maybe with the the related tab highlighted?

Thanks again for your work and I look forward to a preview of the pro version.

Kev

• Thank you very much for the Krpano side menu plugin! I've been using it in a recent project, and would like to get some animation going with the opening and closing of the menu. I'm wondering if you could give me some advice on how to get this going.
    I've tried using the tween function to animate the width of menu_settings.background_width in the slide_menu_right and slide_menu_left actions. I know that there is probably much more involved with the process of animating this menu (or I'm not on the right track at all), but I'm a beginner to Krpano, and so am experimenting with what I can.

Below is an example of my use of the tween function:

<action name="slide_menu_left">
    tween(menu_settings.background_width, 0, 2);
    set(new_x,get(menu_settings.background_width));mul(new_x,-1);set(plugin[menu_background].x,get(new_x));delayedcall(0.1,set(plugin[btn_menu].visible,true););
    </action>

• Try instead of seting x value tween it:

Code
    <action name="slide_menu_left">
    	<!-- set(new_x,get(menu_settings.background_width));mul(new_x,-1);set(plugin[menu_background].x,get(new_x));delayedcall(0.1,set(plugin[btn_menu].visible,true);); -->
    	set(new_x,get(menu_settings.background_width));mul(new_x,-1);tween(plugin[menu_background].x,get(new_x),1,linear,delayedcall(0.1,set(plugin[btn_menu].visible,true)));
    </action>
  • Hi,
    I can't figure out why the text from the menu isn't showing. I followed the steps, included the code and copied the files to my vtour folder...what could it be? Its just the text that isnt showing from the sidemenu, logo and background are visible.

• Hi, i bought the side menue plugin and have a question.

In the fist level, i have only text no thumbnails and that is fine.

In the second level, i have small thumbnails, and the text is on the thumbnails. Everything is to narrow for the design that i like.

1.) How can i make the thumbnails higher in the second level (without making the distance higher in the first (=text-only)-level?

2.) How can i make a disctance between the thumbnails, and get the text (title) under the thumbnail?

3.) How can i link the logo with the first opening view (as if i click on back). I tried with "link="switch_menu(0);" in the scollble side...3lvel in the logo section after zorder, but that didn´t work.?

Thanks

• Hi

Great little menu. Is there a way to change the onover colour for each menu tab.

eg:
    <group name="level_0"> and all sub menus would be GREEN

<group name="level_1"> and all sub menus would be BLUE

<group name="level_2"> and all sub menus would be RED

It in only for the onover colour.

do I need to assign a
    menu_0_onover_color_bcg="0xfec9de"
    to each group somehow?

Regards
    James

• Hi
    Is there a way to change the onover colour for each menu tab.

This is not supported. That mean you need to customize the current code. Adding new attribute e.g. color_onhover="ff0000" in each group definition and adding code that will handle onhover will do. Don't know what version of the side menu you are using but take care if onhover is already set within the code. Contact me via mail or pm with exact code you are using if you are stuck and need support.

• That's old code so I have separate code for devices from that time. Find this part:
    if(device.tablet,set(plugin[%menu_0].css,font-family:Arial; font-size:20px; color:#000000; text-align:left; font-weight:bold););
    if(device.mobile,set(plugin[%menu_0].css,font-family:Arial; font-size:20px; color:#000000; text-align:left; font-weight:bold););
    if(device.desktop,set(plugin[%menu_0].css,font-family:Arial; font-size:11px; color:#000000; text-align:left; font-weight:bold););

And see font size definitions there. Play with it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!