Krpano-only Website

• Hi, I would like to present my new website, it's made only with krpano, nothing else. Would be glad about some feedback

It's not completely finished but ready to go live. One thing I am
    concerned about is missing SEO opportunities... I have no idea what to

do about that...is there anything one could do to get the site interpreted in some way by google and co?

https://artesphera.de

• thanks! About the font-size: it took me a lot of to get the text fit into a text-layer-size that fits in all screen sizes of desktops. And as I work with tables in the text-windows (on column is one page) it's not possible to get maybe four pages on small monitos and three on a large monitor. On a small monitor the layer is taking the whole heigth...thus, I couldn't enlarge the font-size even more. The only way would be to work with css-media queries but I don't know if krpano is recognizing them.... I will try it...

• ah, that's great, I didn't know that way! But I think I have to completely change the way I added css-styles because I did it by plugin.css within a data-tag? Or is it also possible to change values within a data-tag?

• Where is the Progressive Enhancements ?

Basic content should be accessible to all web browsers
    Basic functionality should be accessible to all web browsers
    Sparse, semantic markup contains all content
    Enhanced layout is provided by externally linked CSS
    Enhanced behavior is provided by unobtrusive, externally linked JavaScript
    End-user web browser preferences are respected

* no accessibility for the Visual impairment

* single page website, sub-sections unbookmarkable

welcome to the dark day of the Internet were FLASH and SHOCKWAVE website were all the rage

• i agree with tomasparks,

you shouldnt do a website completely in krpano.
    to create the menu and all contents (text) would have been possible by standard html/js, too.
    you wouldn't even have to change the look of the site, the panos would just be the background with a fallback to normal images
    then the content could be crawled by google and other search engines. everything linkable etc.

but as a krpano project itself ... nicely done :)

• I also forgot the JavaScript required; Didn’t Read (JS;DR) community

I surf the web with NoScript (a FireFox extension to block java script on a per-domain basis, the sake of security). That also enforces "js; dr". Some pages show absolutely no content unless you allow JS from their domain, and perhaps others. I often don't bother; just back button out of there and go somewhere else.

I am seeing more and more single-page apps that are nothing more than documents, blogs or articles for which relying on JavaScript is not appropriate. Often this breaks down one way or another (back button, stuck "loading" screen, bad formatting).

- http://tantek.com/2015/069/t1/js-dr-javascript-required-dead

• @ tomasparks
    well krpano itself is js, so it does not make much sense to avoid js completely *g*

I agree with you there, if there is a section of the website that can only be done with JS (krapno, three.js, etc) make it its own directory and warn visitors (eg: JavaScript / WebGL ahead ) otherwise think of krpano/three.js like plugin that may or may not work

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!