You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 24th 2018, 4:17pm

Krpano-only Website

Hi, I would like to present my new website, it's made only with krpano, nothing else. Would be glad about some feedback

It's not completely finished but ready to go live. One thing I am
concerned about is missing SEO opportunities... I have no idea what to

do about that...is there anything one could do to get the site interpreted in some way by google and co?

https://artesphera.de

Mael B.

Trainee

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 12:47pm

Nicely done *thumbup*
You should perhaps enlarge a bit the text font size and text windows ?
(I recognized some nice places from Mallorca ;-))

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 5:50pm

thanks! About the font-size: it took me a lot of to get the text fit into a text-layer-size that fits in all screen sizes of desktops. And as I work with tables in the text-windows (on column is one page) it's not possible to get maybe four pages on small monitos and three on a large monitor. On a small monitor the layer is taking the whole heigth...thus, I couldn't enlarge the font-size even more. The only way would be to work with css-media queries but I don't know if krpano is recognizing them.... I will try it...

Mael B.

Trainee

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 7:40pm

you can adapt the font size depending on the screen width with this code ;-)

Source code

set(style[your_style_name].css, calc( style[your_style_name].css + ' font-size:' +  (12*stagewidth/1920)  +'px;' ) );   	
assignstyle(layer[your_text_layer], 'your_style_name'); 

of course, change the formula (12*stagewidth/1920) as you want.

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 8:04pm

ah, that's great, I didn't know that way! But I think I have to completely change the way I added css-styles because I did it by plugin.css within a data-tag? Or is it also possible to change values within a data-tag?

Mael B.

Trainee

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 8:26pm

I think that you can change values within a data-tag... but I'm not sure that it will not be copy in the css-style of the text layer if this text layer is created before the change in the data-tag.
By using the function assignstyle() , you are sure to dynamically change css-style.

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 2:19am

Where is the Progressive Enhancements ?

Quoted

Basic content should be accessible to all web browsers
Basic functionality should be accessible to all web browsers
Sparse, semantic markup contains all content
Enhanced layout is provided by externally linked CSS
Enhanced behavior is provided by unobtrusive, externally linked JavaScript
End-user web browser preferences are respected
* no accessibility for the Visual impairment

* single page website, sub-sections unbookmarkable

welcome to the dark day of the Internet were FLASH and SHOCKWAVE website were all the rage

martyhr

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 3:30pm

nice!

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 4:50pm

i agree with tomasparks,

you shouldnt do a website completely in krpano.
to create the menu and all contents (text) would have been possible by standard html/js, too.
you wouldn't even have to change the look of the site, the panos would just be the background with a fallback to normal images
then the content could be crawled by google and other search engines. everything linkable etc.

but as a krpano project itself ... nicely done :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "indexofrefraction" (Jan 2nd 2019, 9:48pm)

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 9:01pm

I also forgot the JavaScript required; Didn’t Read (JS;DR) community

Quoted

I surf the web with NoScript (a FireFox extension to block java script on a per-domain basis, the sake of security). That also enforces "js; dr". Some pages show absolutely no content unless you allow JS from their domain, and perhaps others. I often don't bother; just back button out of there and go somewhere else.

Quoted

I am seeing more and more single-page apps that are nothing more than documents, blogs or articles for which relying on JavaScript is not appropriate. Often this breaks down one way or another (back button, stuck "loading" screen, bad formatting).

Quoted

js;dr = JavaScript required; Didn’t Read.
Pages that are empty without JS: dead to history (archive-org), unreliable for search results (despite any search engine claims of JS support, check it yourself), and thus ignorable. No need to waste time reading or responding.

Also known as, if it’s not curlable, it’s not on the web.

https://indiewebcamp.com/curlable

Because in 10 years nothing you built today that depends on JS for the content will be available, visible, or archived anywhere on the web.

All your fancy front-end-JS-required frameworks are dead to history, a mere evolutionary blip in web app development practices. Perhaps they provided interesting ephemeral prototypes, nothing more.
- http://tantek.com/2015/069/t1/js-dr-javascript-required-dead

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 9:51pm

@ tomasparks
well krpano itself is js, so it does not make much sense to avoid js completely :-D
but unless you like to be hidden from search engines it is not advisable to store all content in encrypted xml :)

Thursday, January 3rd 2019, 1:12am

@ tomasparks
well krpano itself is js, so it does not make much sense to avoid js completely :-D
I agree with you there, if there is a section of the website that can only be done with JS (krapno, three.js, etc) make it its own directory and warn visitors (eg: JavaScript / WebGL ahead ) otherwise think of krpano/three.js like plugin that may or may not work