Masking with 2 images and an alpha mask image, is it posble ?

• Hi,

Hi KLAUS,

Doing the example above, I have noticed a few things: *rolleyes*

• It seems that each distorted hotspot needs to have his own mask. *attention* even if the mask is the same mask for each hotspot. I have tried to mask each hotspots with the same plugin as mask but it does not work. ( in the example above I use the same mask file for each hotspot )

yes, I have noticed the same,
    a mask can unfortunately only be used for ONE other object...

it was also documented in the flash as3 docs:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS3LCR/F…bject.html#mask

Note: A single mask object cannot be used to mask more than one calling display object. When the mask is assigned to a second display object, it is removed as the mask of the first object, and that object's mask property becomes null.

a solution could be to group the hotspots together in one displayobject, but this will requires bigger changes in the viewer,
    maybe in one of the next versions...

It seems that, when fisheye is used, distorted hotspots are not "well distorted"as they are when normal projection is used. *attention* You can notice this yourself on the example above: enable a cube button and disable his mask, then switch between normal view and fisheye view... In normal view the cube hotspot match perfectly with the background... In fisheye view the cube hotspot match near perfectly with the background but there is little differences. *wacko*

rights, it's the the "sub-division" (press TAB to see it)
    it is different between the pano and the hotspot,
    the sub-division of the pano can be changed via the "display.details",
    but the sub-division of the hotspot is fixed at the moment (I will make it adjustable soon)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

now - why does it reach this limit of 2880 pixels, when using Flash10 (and no fisheye distortion), then there were very large triangles used (see them by pressing TAB), there are clipping offscreen of course, but Flash counts the "real" size for converting to bitmap,

This 2880 pixel are "equal" to the cubeface before making multires I guess ??

Maybe, it could be a good idea to show this value in the editor too ?

Regards,

• This 2880 pixel are "equal" to the cubeface before making multires I guess ??

Hi, no, that's something different, that's an limit for bitmaps in flash,
    flash internally creates automatically (not controllable) a bitmap for a object when a mask was used on it,
    and for the size calculation for this bitmap it also counts not visible (out of screen) parts,
    the solution for this problem was manually clipping and will be done soon...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello!
    I'm trying to make use of this mask attribute, but with no success. It seems it is no more available on Hotspots, am I correct?
    When I update the sample given by Klaus to 1.19, I just end with a white blured circle wandering arround. :/
    How to get it work with 1.19?
    Best regards, and all my best wishes for the new year!
    Paul

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

• Hi,

unfortunately 'Mask' is flash only for now. Not supported in html5 as far as i know.

https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin.mask

Maybe maskchildren can help you hear.(?)

Hope it helps.
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Oh, yes!
    Thank you Tuur! I thought MaskChildren was only purposed to hide inner stuff, but I realise it evolved and now deal with parent CSS boxing.
    This is a bit limitating (to rectangles, rounded-rectangles and circles) but that helps!
    Many thanks for the update and to point it out!
    Regards,
    Paul

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!