gear vr / oculus go

• hi
    i have been using a GearVR to view my VR tours.
    To do this i have removed the mini USB in the GearVR and i then view my tour with chrome.

However i would prefer to access my tours through the oculus browser that installs with the GearVR by default when you plug in using the devices mini USB.
    Reading through threads here i'm not sure if it might be possible ?

Could someone give me an idiots 'step by step' method on how that can be done please ...

if it is indeed possible ?

thanks,
    Simon.

ps: i assume any solution would be the same with oculus go which i would like to purchase ?

• Hi,

Yes it is possible *smile*

You can upload the tour to your website hosting and then when viewing the GVR Oculus browser just click / type in the url to the index.html of the tour. It will load up into the browser as normal and then when you click on the Enter VR button with your pointer it should go full size and wrap around you.

You can view the tour on the web page in the Samusung browser and rotate with the GVR pointer but for some reason it all messes up when you click on the Enter VR button. I gave up trying to work out the issue with Samsung so Just stick with the Oculus browser.

I'm also getting my head around making tours with Unity (total newbie to it last week but thoroughly enjoying it) so you can have a go at that on the side *wink*

Unity for Android / iOS 360 Apps and KRPano for regular online tours. Best of both worlds.

Andrew

• Hi,

the GearVR devices have already direct WebVR support, that means they can be used directly.
    Just use a VR browser and open the page-url there.
    The best VR browser at the moment is the Oculus Browser, but Samsung VR and Firefox Reality should work too.

You can view the tour on the web page in the Samusung browser and rotate with the GVR pointer but for some reason it all messes up when you click on the Enter VR button.

That's because in the Samsung Internet VR browser the WebVR support is disabled by default and need to be enabled manually in the 'Labs' menu - see here:
    https://webvr.rocks/samsung_internet

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!