You are not logged in.

Thursday, March 14th 2019, 10:21am

Video being loaded twice

Hi,

I added a panoramic video in my krpano project. When I open Chrome DevTools I see that this MP4 is loaded twice. Once fully, and then a second time partly. When I press play the second MP4 is being streamed.

The strange thing is, that if I load the video from this example In my own code, the video is only loaded once, partly (as it should). Does this have to do something with the video encoding? Is there I way I can fix this?

I also get some strange behavior when using a posterurl in my own video. In this case the video is also being loaded fully, but very slowly this time. When I press play (after the video is being loaded), the poster disappears only after a few seconds.

Thursday, March 14th 2019, 10:45am

I may have been a little bit too fast with asking this question.
I found out that the program I use to edit the 360 video (Davinci Resolve) has a 'Network Optimization' option while exporting. This fixed the issue of loading video's twice.

The only issue I have left is that the video is being preloaded very slowly when using a posterurl.
5.2 mb without posterurl: 634 ms
5.2 mb with posterurl: 3.5 seconds

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Thursday, March 14th 2019, 11:03am

Do you have an online example?

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com