You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jordi

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 11:00am

pretty useless for krpano right now

why ?

I'm ( and my clients ) enjoying so much navigating my tours with oculus go, and with stereo panoramas it's even greater.

If you apply the tricks to oversample you can get native resolution and behaviour.

What is just missing (hope for a few time) is the controller, then it will be freaking awesome.
everpano.com smart virtual tours

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 11:11am

+1 *love*
love it already.

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 11:26am

Hi,

Quoted

In my Gear VR with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 result is also good.
Only problems I have is in my Oculus Rift on Win 10 Firefox 60.0, GTX 970.On my left eye I have only the upper half of the image, on my right eye only black.
This hapens when I set oversampling over 1.4.
1.4 is ok on Rift 1.5 not.
Can somebody confirm?
Is it general oversampling problem, or hardware problem on my side (old graphics)?
On Desktop oversampling should be normally not used by default.
Normally a desktop browser should already report/request the 'optional' rendering resolution.

By using the oversampling setting, the requested rendering resolution will be scaled - and depending on the GPU, the system, the VR hardware and also the browser itself, at some point the resulting size could be simply too much...

And as you don't know what hardware will be used (e.g. how powerful), the oversampling setting should be used with care there.

For fixed/predefined hardware like the Oculus Go is easier to add some 'optimizing settings' because all Oculus Gos are basically using the same hardware and software. But even there some care is required - e.g. Oculus could increase the default rendering resolution with a software update and then the oversampling would cause a too high resolution.

Btw - the next krpano version will have therefore use automatically an higher oversampling settings for the Oculus Go - and it will also be checking what resolution will be originally requested by the browser to make sure to not to use a too high one.

Quoted

from what i read the oculus go could be a game changer
'game changer' - no sure about that, it's one more VR-headset, but an inexpensive and very comfortable one with good image quality.

Quoted

but is actually pretty useless for krpano right now.
Hell no - it works great with krpano, especially when using well-sized images and higher oversampling settings - the image quality and performance will be like native apps.
Why do you think it's pretty useless?

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 1:47pm

from following the threads i had the impression that there are a lot of problems using it w krpano...
maybe i left a few lines... index hides ... *whistling*

so you guys get a good visual quality and also handling is not too complicated?

for me it should be possible to send it to a client preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

best index

jordi

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 1:51pm

preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

Nothing need to be preinstalled, just go to the browser and navigate to URL like always, that's all

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 4:39pm

preinstalled in a foolproof state for non it/vr people to "just use it"

Nothing need to be preinstalled, just go to the browser and navigate to URL like always, that's all

but can you preinstall a tour?
for offline usage

jordi

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 5:55pm

but can you preinstall a tour?
for offline usage

If you do not hack it, you cannot have local files

herrpedro

Trainee

Saturday, July 14th 2018, 7:40pm

ohhhh yeaHHHhhh...

Got my GO today, and i works nice!!
Would be great indeed if we could have access to the mouse pointer thingy.

love it!
Tuur *thumbsup*

just added event to click, single click, key down and key up

apparently key down and up are fired when the back key is pressed to exit vr
the click is not fired in vr mode... oinly in regular browser mode

i'd be happy to capture the click to we cod aim with the gaze cursor and no need to gaze.. click with the command would be ok..

just put the cross on the hotspot and click in the remote.. no need for fancy remote drawings

Wednesday, August 22nd 2018, 10:30am

Does anyone know if you can change the refresh rate?

For me the flickering is quite heavy when watching some of our tours in the headset. In apps this doesnt seem to be that hard.
I know that you can switch to 72hz mode when programming in unreal or unity. But can you also change that with webvr?

milotimbol

Intermediate

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 8:43pm

offline by sideloading android web server app

Haven't received my unit yet but researching on how to play krpano offline.

Saw this video on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiz5WKObDeA

I guess you can install a web server android app and then access the krpano html page via an IP address. I havent tried it yet since I dont have an oculus go. Maybe someone can give it a try.

herrpedro

Trainee

Thursday, September 13th 2018, 6:12pm

Built a simple page with this code and ran it on oculus go browser

https://developer.oculus.com/documentati…rvr-controller/

put some logging instead of the comments and nothing happens
i added a log right in the beginning (before activePad.connected) to log "activePad" and i get 4 "null" in my pc and in oculus too

Array.prototype.forEach.call(navigator.getGamepads(), function (activePad, padIndex) {

anyone can shed a light on this?
please... the click.. only the click!!! *blink*

herrpedro

Trainee

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 10:51am

hi all,

Happy 2019 everyone.

Has anyone had any evaluation on using Go pointer in krpano?

Thank you all

Friday, January 4th 2019, 5:33pm

Hi,

There is no automatic 'pointer' or 'vr-controller' support, that's need to get implemented manually (tracking, hit-testing, object-rendering, ...) but I'm already working on it.

Best regards,
Klaus

herrpedro

Trainee

Friday, January 4th 2019, 5:37pm

Hi, Klaus,

happy new year!

Thank you!

Do you have any date expectation like weeks, months ?

Monday, January 7th 2019, 11:41pm

krpano virtual tour on oculus go offline

A client gave me for some days his oculus go for testing krpano virtual tour offline, but i don't know where to begin...

Jordi said :
"If you do not hack it, you cannot have local files"

Could you please explain how hack an oculus go?... or where (website or other) i can find how to do this?

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 12:52am

i found this:
https://www.realite-virtuelle.com/oculus-go-sideload
but i think it's just to have the possibility to put external "apk" application on oculus go... but perhaps i'm wrong?

nidrig

Beginner

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 4:05pm

A client gave me for some days his oculus go for testing krpano virtual tour offline, but i don't know where to begin...

Jordi said :

Could you please explain how hack an oculus go?... or where (website or other) i can find how to do this?

hi,
By more or less following this thread, I was able to run a krpano vt offline (aka from the the oculus local storage with a webserver running on the oculus).
https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…&threadID=16292
Good luck!

andrew22222

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 9th 2019, 4:48am

Hi,
There is no automatic 'pointer' or 'vr-controller' support, that's need to get implemented manually (tracking, hit-testing, object-rendering, ...) but I'm already working on it.

Best regards,
Klaus

That's great news. I'm sure it's no easy coding task.

I've been struggling to build up interest in virtual tours for quite sometime now as it's lost it's center stage and 'wow!'. I have had several VR inquiries about viewing them on things like the Oculus Go / Gear VR and getting around using the VR Controller.

Could be a really interesting year if the controller is made functional and hotspots are clickable *thumbsup*

Wednesday, January 9th 2019, 8:39pm

Jordi said :

hi,
By more or less following this thread, I was able to run a krpano vt offline (aka from the the oculus local storage with a webserver running on the oculus).
https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…&threadID=16292
Good luck!

Cool thank you Nidrig (and mikedunn) !

jeromebg

Professional

Tuesday, May 28th 2019, 9:52pm

3Dvista

Hi guys,
Just saw (late) that 3Dvista are providing a online service to download tours on the Oculus Go and be able to watch them offline. Their UI is clear and clean.
https://youtu.be/Kxo9o3e2uwE

Are they using a offline proxy or something to achieve that ?
Would love to be able to do the same with krpano tours of course ;)