You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 12:39pm

Warning: Not a cubestrip image

Hello, I have a virtual tour that is working properly on desktop, but when loaded in Mobile devices, the scene goes black and I get the warning: ignoring image.jpg (not a cubestrip image). Does someone know how to fix this? Where should I look?

Edit: this doesn't happen with all tours, here is the link for testing purposes: http://bit.ly/2MLr0VI

Thank you.

light_line

Trainee

Occupation: krpano freelancer || creating ideas & coding them || krpano developer

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 1:30pm

Hi,
this issue would happen when your cubic images are very large(width and height).
you have to use multi-resolution droplet or use smaller images for mobile and tablet.
please notice, I am speaking about the width and height of the image, not file size.

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 2:26pm

Hi,
this issue would happen when your cubic images are very large(width and height).
you have to use multi-resolution droplet or use smaller images for mobile and tablet.
please notice, I am speaking about the width and height of the image, not file size.

Thanks for the answer. I will try to use multires. Is this possible using krpanotools command spheretocube?
Is case of makepano command, is there a way to generate only the images and not the whole xml, html and other files?

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 8:48pm

Ok, I was able to implement multires using makepano command. But I have some doubts about how does this work in the viewer side.

The docs say this:

Source code

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="...">
  <level tiledimagewidth="..." tiledimageheight="...">
    <cube url="pano_%s_%v_%h.jpg" />
  </level>
  <level ...>
  </level>
</image>

in my config file I'm using 512,1024,2048 tile sizes with 2 steps. But how krpano handles screen size in order to choose the best tile size? Does it handle it automatically or do I have to detect the screen or device and then set the tilesize attribute in the image tag?

light_line

Trainee

Occupation: krpano freelancer || creating ideas & coding them || krpano developer

Friday, June 14th 2019, 3:09pm

I will.

Despite I've built my own vtour constructor, those videos may help me in something.

Thank you.