You are not logged in.

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 12:39pm

Warning: Not a cubestrip image

Hello, I have a virtual tour that is working properly on desktop, but when loaded in Mobile devices, the scene goes black and I get the warning: ignoring image.jpg (not a cubestrip image). Does someone know how to fix this? Where should I look?

Edit: this doesn't happen with all tours, here is the link for testing purposes: http://bit.ly/2MLr0VI

Thank you.

light_line

Trainee

Occupation: krpano freelancer || creating ideas & coding them || krpano developer

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 1:30pm

Hi,
this issue would happen when your cubic images are very large(width and height).
you have to use multi-resolution droplet or use smaller images for mobile and tablet.
please notice, I am speaking about the width and height of the image, not file size.

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 2:26pm

Hi,
this issue would happen when your cubic images are very large(width and height).
you have to use multi-resolution droplet or use smaller images for mobile and tablet.
please notice, I am speaking about the width and height of the image, not file size.

Thanks for the answer. I will try to use multires. Is this possible using krpanotools command spheretocube?
Is case of makepano command, is there a way to generate only the images and not the whole xml, html and other files?

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 8:48pm

Ok, I was able to implement multires using makepano command. But I have some doubts about how does this work in the viewer side.

The docs say this:

Source code

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="...">
  <level tiledimagewidth="..." tiledimageheight="...">
    <cube url="pano_%s_%v_%h.jpg" />
  </level>
  <level ...>
  </level>
</image>

in my config file I'm using 512,1024,2048 tile sizes with 2 steps. But how krpano handles screen size in order to choose the best tile size? Does it handle it automatically or do I have to detect the screen or device and then set the tilesize attribute in the image tag?

light_line

Trainee

Occupation: krpano freelancer || creating ideas & coding them || krpano developer

Friday, June 14th 2019, 3:09pm

I will.

Despite I've built my own vtour constructor, those videos may help me in something.

Thank you.