You are not logged in.

Sunday, May 29th 2016, 6:41pm

Any Limit to Scenes in Virtual Tour?

I'm considering a project to build a virtual tour with "many" panos; could be 500 +. Would that be practically feasible, i.e, would the large size of the xml be a handicap to the loading of the Virtual Tour?

Monday, May 30th 2016, 7:41pm

If you have 500+ and you don't know exactly how much, it's better to think about one scene and loadpano.
We have reached the limit of xml size in one project, although in theory the xml parsing is very fast. But if you have a lot of actions - the little mistakes are grow up.

Timescale

Trainee

Tuesday, May 31st 2016, 5:34pm

I'm considering a project to build a virtual tour with "many" panos; could be 500 +. Would that be practically feasible, i.e, would the large size of the xml be a handicap to the loading of the Virtual Tour?

A monolithic XML file is just one way of making a tour and arguable not the most logical one for very large projects. You'll be running into practical problems long before any technical limits will arise I imagine.

KRpano is highly scriptable and using dynamic loading mechanisms perhaps is a better way to manage large pano's like this. I'd probably think of a database distribution method.

Tuesday, May 31st 2016, 7:30pm

I guess this would require advanced scripting methods. The project itself resembles Google streetview and will involve a Googlemaps with markers at every road junction or exchange where the panos will be made. Entry points should be at any marker; so I guess that would require an html file in seperate folders for every marker. So jumping to another pano/junction will be from hotspots with loadpano elements. I must try to use the available common xml elements to build the tour.

Thursday, September 28th 2017, 4:57pm

Same issue

We are an AEC firm that uses krpano in a streeview like fashion and our data collection workflow results in tens of thousands of scenes. I'm looking for a similar solution. Our XML file gets HUUUUUGE!

Tuesday, January 22nd 2019, 10:42am

Scenes Limit

Hi All

Anyone come-up with a solution to this..? i am trying to do something similar, i have 1000's of 360 images which id like create a tour with. your help will be appreciated

Thanks

Monday, September 23rd 2019, 1:56pm

You need to look at graph partitioning algorithms to make smaller virtual tour files
Since you use are doing a streeview-like virtual tour it makes easier because there is existing research[^1].

example virtual tour graph:
the stars are the panorama/scene nodes

Source code

|
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |

cut the graph into sub-graphs (XML files) at the intersections
you should end up with sub-graphs that look like this:

Source code

|
      |
      |
      |

* the node at the start and end of the sub-graph have hotspots linking to the other sub-graphs (XML files) forming a street network graph.
* if you are using the Navigator Plugin, you'll need to include the nodes around the intersection to allow the Navigator Plugin to work and adapt the sceneFound action to load the new XML files

[^1]: Lippman, Andrew, "Movie-maps: An application of the optical videodisc to computer graphics," Proceedings of the 7th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, Seattle, Washington, United States, 1980, pp. 32–42.