You are not logged in.

Wednesday, September 11th 2019, 4:20pm

City Scale tours

Hi,

We model 3d models of cities for architecture and planning. We would like to generate tours of these city models like StreetView but using 3d models.

Are there examples, tools, or systems where someone has made a tour with 100k images in?

We can grab images quickly but need an automated way of adding this into a tour and hosting it.

We are able to fund the development of this system if anyone can come forward and offer assistance.

I see it as a server side application that consumes panos with GPS data in the exif and populates a city scale virtual tour. Ideally reading the images from a Google Cloud bucket.

Any advice welcome.

Paul

Friday, September 13th 2019, 1:39am

Are they computer-rendered images (CGI)?
or
Photographics of Miniature (Architectural model)?
or 3D models?

if you are dealing with Miniature I may be able to help see

Friday, September 13th 2019, 1:54am

PM me if you want to :)

Tuesday, September 17th 2019, 2:36pm

We are creating cgi from a virtual 3d model...

Tuesday, September 17th 2019, 3:36pm

Why are you creating a panoramic virtual tour when you have a 3D model?
There is already a community that deals with city-sized 3d models

Do you have some paperwork I can read?
I am trying to understand your thinking/reasoning

Does the rendering software support rendering images as cubic or Equirectangular Projection?

if not the images are going to be needed to be stitched together

Friday, September 20th 2019, 3:31pm

We need to share our city scale models with the public on mobile devices without downloads. We have a Unity3d application for pro users to get the full 3d experience.

We can grab stitched 360s. We have already put them into kr pano tours using the standard/manual route.

We need help building a server side system that can build tours that grow to contain millions of images.

jordi

Intermediate

Friday, September 20th 2019, 4:29pm

We need to share our city scale models with the public on mobile devices without downloads

Yes, using prerendered environments can have many advantages to experience in low hardware devices.
everpano.com step beyond 360

Friday, September 20th 2019, 6:07pm

We need to share our city scale models with the public on mobile devices without downloads. We have a Unity3d application for pro users to get the full 3d experience.

ok

We can grab stitched 360s. We have already put them into kr pano tours using the standard/manual route.

the krpano tools will be used to do:
  • sphere to cube conversion
  • Multiresolution
  • creating previews

We need help building a server side system that can build tours that grow to contain millions of images.

To create the virtual tour there were three methods all based on image connectivity graph:

1. photosynth
  2. photo tourism
  3. Image-based walkthroughs from incremental and partial scene reconstructions

but they all dead without source code being available *cry*
the third option is the best option of the list

Saturday, September 21st 2019, 3:15am

I am wondering what is the lowest spec hardware you want to support?

Wednesday, September 25th 2019, 2:35pm

Targeting mobile browsers.

Thank you for the links.

It looks like our back-end devs are going to have to learn to run KR-Pano server side.

Wednesday, September 25th 2019, 4:40pm

Targeting mobile browsers.

*confused* you just want to support everything krpano supports
Thank you for the links.

*thumbup*
It looks like our back-end devs are going to have to learn to run KR-Pano server side.

and add opencv and python

This is all I ask for in return:

Wednesday, October 2nd 2019, 7:19am

after thinking a bit about Krpano 1.20prX, I came across this paper, again :)