3DModel Depthmap - Either STL or depth file - how to align to pano???

• Hi Guys
    I have a stl file, which I set the pivot to the camera location, as well is align it's X axiz to the direction in which the camera is looking
    I used the online converted to convert the stl to a depth file, then tried both options to see which look nicer.
    However, in both cases in the tour, the model appears to have its lowest point (the ground), aligned to the camera, so the model is in the air. (When the tour starts, the floor is horizontally in the center of the image.) Also when I use the WASD keys to walk around, I can also see that the model is rotated and not even facing the same direction is what my camera is looking.
    How to set the initial position of the model to aling to the pano?

I did see few days ago another user had same question and issue, but his own thread was not in English and subsequently seem to have been removed.
    Any pointers?

• Hi Guys
    I have a stl file, which I set the pivot to the camera location, as well is align it's X axiz to the direction in which the camera is looking
    I used the online converted to convert the stl to a depth file, then tried both options to see which look nicer.
    However, in both cases in the tour, the model appears to have its lowest point (the ground), aligned to the camera, so the model is in the air. (When the tour starts, the floor is horizontally in the center of the image.) Also when I use the WASD keys to walk around, I can also see that the model is rotated and not even facing the same direction is what my camera is looking.
    How to set the initial position of the model to aling to the pano?

I did see few days ago another user had same question and issue, but his own thread was not in English and subsequently seem to have been removed.
    Any pointers?

i have same problem too .... pleases someone make a step by step video tutorial for it. i have many krpano project with many of panos
    I bought everpano and navigator pro license
    but i found we need huge time to modeling our panos . therefore We're looking for another way to extract depthmap because we made all the scenes with 3dsmax and we have .stl file already

I made a simple scene with 3dsMax and Corona with three cameras. I'll upload the scene with 4k spherical render here to use it as a practical scene.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/…u9f4rh9mVS02UYx

• Modelling those empty rooms should be very easy to model, basically a single cube, and you can go for the windows with ease.
    Anyway you can always create a depthmap image from the software you model, and in order to make the global positions, you can use everpano to create the refernces, and finally navigator plugin to move around.

I'll post soon an example on how I created a 3d project with depthmap images exported from sketchup, and merged everything together with everpano 3D

Kind regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!