• The encrypt tool does not crash anymore with v1.20.1 but, apparently, it does not correctly encrypt files which contain comments, so the problem is worse !! *cry*

For example, i have an non-crypted file of 90Ko, it is encrypted correctly with v1.20 (and give a file of 32Ko), but with v1.20.1 the encrypted file is only 2Ko (and obviously, i have a parsing error). After removing all comments, i get again a 32Ko file which seems to work correctly.

• Hi Klaus,

I can´t get krpano 1.20 to switch to fullscreen in landscape-mode anymore on newest Chrome and Firefox. Only Safari on iPhone works so far. And even the VR-mode in the examples on krpano.com are´nt working anymore *sad*
    I did try your <set var="device.fullscreensupport" val="true" />-switch, but without any luck. Is there a new trick/hack necessary to switch to fullscreen-mode in Chrome and FF?

• Hi,

The encrypt tool does not crash anymore with v1.20.1 but, apparently, it does not correctly encrypt files which contain comments, so the problem is worse !!

There will be very soon a fixed version.

I can´t get krpano 1.20 to switch to fullscreen in landscape-mode anymore on newest Chrome and Firefox. Only Safari on iPhone works so far. And even the VR-mode in the examples on krpano.com are´nt working anymore *sad*

Do you mean Chrome and Firefox on iOS?
    These browsers don't support any way for a fullscreen view.
    And iOS itself doesn't support the HTML5 Fullscreen API on the iPhone.

But why 'anymore' - the iOS Chrome and Firefox browsers were always working that way and nothing had been changed there.

I did try your <set var="device.fullscreensupport" val="true" />-switch, but without any luck.

Why? That would only fake the detected browser support. But when the browser itself is not supporting the HTML5 fullscreen mode API, then faking the detection result will not help of course.

That setting could be only used on the iPad with iOS > 12 - there iOS is supporting the HTML5 Fullscreen API, but krpano is blacklisting it because it works so badly. Any dragging on the screen will easily exit the fullscreen mode. Apple has unfortunately limited the fullscreen usage too much there.

Is there a new trick/hack necessary to switch to fullscreen-mode in Chrome and FF?

Not that I know.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is another minor update: krpano 1.20.2 - Release Notes

• It fixes several Panotour Pro Update Package problems, e.g. custom 'Documents' folders are supported now.
    • The encrypt tool works correct again.
    • There is now again a 32bit Windows version for older systems.
    • The vtourskin.xml has got a nice 'auto tour' feature - just set autotour=true in the tour.xml and the tour will smoothly auto-rotate through all scenes.
    • And there is a new Javascript-Sync-Example - it syncs the view from two different krpano viewers. Compared to older sync-examples it is easier to use and supports more features.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Does the old krpano support gyro2.js on ios13? After updating ios13, gyro2.js of krpano tour made with old version does not work

search the forum for gyro problems. since half a year you need https to use the gyro in the latest browsers.

• Hi,

there is another minor update: krpano 1.20.2 - Release Notes

What is the best practice when updating krpano? I have version 1.20 and have edited some of the config files and xml templates to suit my workflow. Do I need to re-edit the same files for each update or can I use my edited version 1.20 config files in version 1.20.2. Hope this makes sense. Sorry if such a noob question.
    Thomas

• What is the best practice when updating krpano? I have version 1.20 and have edited some of the config files and xml templates to suit my workflow. Do I need to re-edit the same files for each update or can I use my edited version 1.20 config files in version 1.20.2. Hope this makes sense. Sorry if such a noob question.
    Thomas

normally the xmls do not change a lot, there are just tiny bug fixes from time to time

I use a modified vtourskin, so with a new release I compare the new vtourskin.xml with the old vtourskin.xml
    and if there are changes, I add them to my vtourskin as well.

best way to check for such changes is a diff program
    https://www.kaleidoscopeapp.com
    https://www.diffchecker.com
    https://www.git-tower.com/blog/diff-tools-windows

• Hi Klaus

The preview Image (preview.jpg) is not shown on startup since krpano 1.2x.
    When I start the the tour display is black, Then loads the tiled images. In krpano 1.6 and below, the preview image was shown on startup then it loads the tiled images.
    Is there a way to show the preview on startup?

Best regards
    Peter

P.S.
    You can easily reproduce this by renaming the the preview image, or rename it in the tour.xml.
    The tiled images loads, after loading the tiled images the error message comes, that the preview image is missing.
    It should be the opposite way. First preview, then the tiled images.
    Im still searching for a way how to load the preview first.

Edited once, last by vope (December 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM).

• Hi Klaus,
    Thanks a lot for this great update.
    Sadly, I'm unable to start KR pano Tools and the convert droplet.
    I have a GeForce GTX 1070 with the latest Nvidia Studio driver on a 64bits system.
    What can I do to make it work?
    With kind regards,
    Olivier

Edited once, last by Guernegor (January 16, 2020 at 10:59 PM).

• I upgraded to 1.20.2 and upgraded my license (was from 2012).
    When I run ./'krpano Tools.sh' on the console (bash on Ubuntu 18.04) I get

[2479:0120/221555:INFO:gpu_info_collector_x11.cc(80)] NVCtrl extension does not exist.

[2479:0120/221555:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(208)] GTK theme error: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

[2479:0120/221555:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(208)] GTK theme error: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

[...]
    [2479:0120/221556:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: process is not defined", source: file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.q0Cx94/%7Bappdata%7D
    /frames/settings.html (1)

and in the pop-up window I get

Uncaught node.js Error

ReferenceError: process is not defined
    at get_ptp_folder (file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.q0Cx94/%7Bappdata%7D/frames/settings.html:1:6037)
    at b.eval (file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.q0Cx94/%7Bappdata%7D/frames/settings.html:1:6365)
    at v (file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.q0Cx94/%7Bappdata%7D/ipc/ipc.js:1:598)
    at Socket.eval (file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.q0Cx94/%7Bappdata%7D/ipc/ipc.js:1:2160)
    at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:156:16)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:123:10)
    at Pipe.onread (net.js:509:20)

I then successfully ran
    ./krpanotools register #my new license code#
    as I have done many times with my old license without issues.
    .krpanotools license file was created in home directory and in the working directory on another trial. I restarted the console several times.
    I'm still getting the "demo version" watermark. No luck on the local machine or on the server.
    Here's an example:
    https://www.chiangmai.net/panoramas/chia…_station_inside

• Hi,

ReferenceError: process is not defined

That will be fixed soon in version 1.20.3.

I then successfully ran
    ./krpanotools register #my new license code#
    as I have done many times with my old license without issues.
    .krpanotools license file was created in home directory and in the working directory on another trial. I restarted the console several times.
    I'm still getting the "demo version" watermark. No luck on the local machine or on the server.

When registering by command-line the krpano files inside the viewer folder doesn't get automatically updated/replaced by registered version (as when using the GUI tool).

To build a registered krpano viewer file please run:

Code
    ./krpanotools protect -o=krpano.js

I noticed that view.ry, view.rx and view.rz leave css3d hotspots pinned to the screen and not to the panorama (during movement). There is no problem with webgl hotspots.

Sorry, can't reproduce such.
    Do you have an example?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!