Auto transition between panoramas with dissolve

• Hi All,

We capture and present update images of large construction sites with 360's displayed within the KR Pano viewer. Our client has asked for the content to be somewhat of a Timelapse so instead of creating a video and having all the associated intense data requirements of that is there a way I can make a scene that transitions between a set list of 360's that will be aligned to one another and have them dissolved between each other at a set interval? That way I can have my usual set of scenes but add a button that links to the 'Timelapse Scene' if the viewer decides to check that out (probably won't be very relevant until there are quite a few images to use)

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Cheers

Sam

• I do this with idletime and/or an explicit timer. If done with idletime then any interaction with the pano, such as moving with the mouse, will start the timer over as soon as you let go of the mouse. You can get fancy, for instance on mousedown the timer gets paused and on mouse up just restart it, but if less than 5 seconds remain set the remaining time to 5 seconds.

• Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply!

Thats great info - I think the explicit timer would be the go in this instance as it needs to just keep rolling no matter what the user does.

What function do you use to make the panoramas switch and also maintain heading ? All panos will be shot from same place and aligned when stitched, but on loading each new image in this scenario player would need to inherit current hlookat and vlookat from current position of viewer to keep the timelapse vibe smooth and easy to follow.

Any hints or points in the right direction warmly appreciated.

Cheers!

• If all your scenes are part of the sequence and you just want to run them continuously, one solution could be something like this (using the standard KRPano template):

To see this in action: Timed Pano Change

• Hey Scott,

I hadn't checked back in a while sorry!

That actually looks perfect and what I want to do really is as simple as that....as I keep adding new scenes the loop just gets longer etc.

Ill give that a whirl and see how it ends up in this use case. Thanks so much once again, deeply appreciate the guidance here!

Sam

• Hi,

this would work with the latest krpano version too, but in the vtourskin.xml of the latest version there is already an 'auto-tour' functionality integrated.

To enable it just set the 'autotour' setting in the tour.xml from 'false' to 'true'.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!