You are not logged in.

olihar

Trainee

• "olihar" started this thread

Wednesday, October 30th 2019, 6:37pm

Larger file than 4GB

Is there any way to use Convert SPHERE CUBE Droplet when output is larger than 4GB, it worked fine to make a cube as each was about 2GB, but I ran the cube back to a sphere and now I cant even open the folder in Explorer as it has corrupt TIF file in it and crashes Windows Explorer.

EDIT: Deleted file using CMD so now I can at least browse folder again.

Thursday, October 31st 2019, 12:05pm

Is there any way to use Convert SPHERE CUBE Droplet when output is larger than 4GB, it worked fine to make a cube as each was about 2GB, but I ran the cube back to a sphere and now I cant even open the folder in Explorer as it has corrupt TIF file in it and crashes Windows Explorer.

EDIT: Deleted file using CMD so now I can at least browse folder again.

Its a limation of the tiff file format:

Quoted

The TIFF file formats use 32-bit offsets, which limits file size to around 4 GiB. Some implementations even use a signed 32-bit offset, running into issues around 2 GiB already. BigTIFF is a TIFF variant file format which uses 64-bit offsets and supports much larger files. The BigTIFF file format specification was implemented in 2007 in development releases of LibTIFF version 4.0, which was finally released as stable in December 2011. Support for BigTIFF file formats by applications is limited.

olihar

Trainee

Friday, November 1st 2019, 10:50am

I know its limitation of Tiff, but there are other formats such as big tiff...

I have moved this process over to PTGui for such large images.

Saturday, November 2nd 2019, 7:36pm

looking at the ACKNOWLEDGMENTS / THIRD-PARTY LIBRARY LICENSES inside of the license.txt
it seems like krpano tools DOES NOT include the bigTiff support :(

you may want to email klaus to get bigTiff support in krpano

Sunday, November 3rd 2019, 6:13pm

there is talk about the PSB file format being used for gigapixel images in the forums, so that may help

olihar

Trainee

Tuesday, November 5th 2019, 4:33pm

there is talk about the PSB file format being used for gigapixel images in the forums, so that may help

I use PSB for almost everything, its a shame in PTGui one can export the file but not open it, it would be my preferred file format.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 12:08pm

The PSB should be one layer!

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Wednesday, November 13th 2019, 3:52pm

you may want to email klaus to get bigTiff support in krpano

BigTiff support already there for several years.