Set lookat value for next scene from current scene hotspot (please help!)

• Hello,

I'm using latest version (119pr15) and trying to link from Scene A to Scene B by clicking a hotspot that located in Scene A

The thing is the default view of scene B is WEST, but I need to change the "lookat" value to show it at NORTH direction right after clicking the hotspot.

After few days seeking answers here, I tried this way but I doesn't work:

I added a style in vtourskin.xml:

Code
    <style name="skin_hotspotstyle_quang" url="vtourskin_hotspot.png" scale="0.5" edge="top" oy="0"	       distorted="true"	       onclick="loadscene(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); lookat(get(lookat));"	onhover="if(skin_settings.tooltips_hotspots, if(linkedscene, showtext(get(scene[get(linkedscene)].title),SKIN_TOOLTIPS)) );"onover="autoRotateSave"	onout="autoRotateReturn" />

and here is tour.xml:

Code
    <hotspot name="spot1" scale="0.40" rotate="30" style="skin_hotspotstyle_quang" ath="-35.241" atv="50.050" linkedscene="scene_s000" lookat="-3.8,90,120,0,0"/>

but it doesn't work!

I tried to put the lookat value inside the <style>, for example like this:

Code
    <style name="skin_hotspotstyle_quang" url="vtourskin_hotspot.png" scale="0.5" edge="top" oy="0"	       distorted="true"	       onclick="loadscene(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); lookat(-3.8,90,120,0,0);"	       onhover="if(skin_settings.tooltips_hotspots, if(linkedscene, showtext(get(scene[get(linkedscene)].title),SKIN_TOOLTIPS)) );"	       onover="autoRotateSave"	  	 onout="autoRotateReturn" />

so it works, but off course for all hotspot with this style.

So I think the problem here is at:

Code
    lookat(get(lookat))

How should we define "lookat" value correctly to make it works?

Thank you and sorry for my English explaination.

Regards!

Edited once, last by rockable84 (January 7, 2019 at 11:41 AM).

• Hi

You want to download the lookat data from the hotspot, which is no longer in the memory, so this data is gone...

Check it out:

Code
    <hotspot name="spot1" ... linkedscene="scene_s000" my_lookat="-3.8,90,120,0,0"/>

Code
    <style name="skin_hotspotstyle_quang"  onclick="load_scene(get(linkedscene),get(my_lookat));"	... /> 

<action name="load_scene" scope="local" args="linkedscene,my_lookat">    
      loadscene(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1));     
      lookat(get(my_lookat));
    </action>

I have not tested this code but it should work.

regards
    Piotr

• Hi,

the vtourskin.xml has already a build-in functionality for setting the looking direction for hotspots:

therefore just add a

Code
    linkedscene_lookat="H,V,FOV"

attribute to the <hotspot> (FOV is optional).

E.g.

Code
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="skin_hotspotstyle" ... linkedscene="scene2" linkedscene_lookat="90,10" ... />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• we should just replace linkedscene_lookat="H,V,FOV" instead of hlookat="0.0" for every scene...
    as just klaus said

Code
    <view hlookat="0.0" vlookat="0.0" .../>

to :

Code
    <view vlookat="0.0" linkedscene_lookat="H,V,FOV"  ... />

thanks klaus
    but it actually effect on any loadscenes from side menu and others like mapspot
    try this for just wanted loadscene by KEEPVIEW in following code

example :

Code
    <scene name="Floor2"  onstart="updateradar();">
    	<action name="updateradar">
    			set(plugin[thumb1].onclick,loadscene(scene_Floor2_sceneL5,null,MERGE|KEEPVIEW,BLEND(0.5)); );
    			set(plugin[thumb2].onclick,loadscene(scene_Floor2_scene5,null,MERGE|KEEPVIEW,BLEND(0.5)); );
    		</action>
    </scen>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!