You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

igor.socha

Intermediate

• "igor.socha" started this thread

Thursday, February 13th 2020, 6:49pm

Krpano 1.20.4 Gpix panorama on Chrome consumes 100% of GPU RAM

I have problem with krpano 1.20.4 flat pano dropplet made Gpix panorama on a Chrome (last version 64bit) and W10.
My powerfull desktop becomes very laggy, unresponsive, Chrome process eats 100% of GPU memmory.
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x with 128GB of RAM and nVidia GTX 1080ti with 11GB of RAM, nvidia driver 442.19
http://virtualguide.sk/frantiskani/gpix_…180_flat30K_v2/
Best regards,
Igor Socha

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "igor.socha" (Feb 18th 2020, 12:12pm)

Thursday, February 13th 2020, 7:59pm

Hi,

strange and not normal...

When I try your pano I can't bring Chrome above ~400MB of ram usage... (also on Windows 10)

Maybe try using a custom smaller memory setting:
https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#memory

The default memory limit depends on the total screen-size of the system.

Best regards,
Klaus

igor.socha

Intermediate

Thursday, February 13th 2020, 8:52pm

Hi and thanks for fast reaction - computer memory is OK, it´s GPU memory which is "eaten". I don´t see any setting for this, or is there any?
Best regards,
Igor Socha

igor.socha

Intermediate

Tuesday, February 18th 2020, 12:20pm

Today i tried my link once again and the problem is gone. Seems it has something to do with my GPU, as yesterday (due to my problems with starting PC OS) i had to upgrade this driver:
NVIDIA GRAPHICS FIRMWARE UPDATE TOOL FOR DISPLAYPORT 1.3 AND 1.4 DISPLAYS

(Not sure n 100% though if this might be the case, casue i updated more drivers on my PC in last days.)
Best regards,
Igor Socha