You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 30th 2020, 12:11am

WebXR on Oculus GO issue

Hi Klaus.
After todays update of Oculus browser with disabled VR support we have enabled WEBXR.
Added webxr: "auto", disabled auto_oversampling, tilesize is 1536, clear krpano without any custom code.

And get an issue: after loadscene I got an tiles of previous scene in bottom left quarter of left eye, usually thats are a bottom square of pano.

Tested on a few GOs, same issues.

Thursday, April 30th 2020, 11:49pm

Of course WebVR had to be replaced, but doing it this way is a disaster for our entire industry.
Millions of krpano pages -- and lots of others -- can suddenly no longer be viewed immersively on the most popular VR headsets.
I get the impression that the VR publishers -- 360Cities, RoundMe, Kuula, etc -- were not expecting this.

Klaus, can you say how big a job it will be to revise all those pages?

Everybody, please scream as loud as possible for Oculus to restore WebVR until the industry has actually had time to cut over to WebXR?

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Friday, May 1st 2020, 9:18am

don't forget to mention also gyro and vr for ios..
Glad Klaus tackled this in time..
But yes... all old tours should be updated for this.
Update tour.js and all js plugin files. Perhaps also webvr.xml when not custom..

I agree Thomas.. but shouting to deaf ears ..

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Friday, May 1st 2020, 1:55pm

And get an issue: after loadscene I got an tiles of previous scene in bottom left quarter of left eye, usually thats are a bottom square of pano.

Same here. I tried different blends. They don't seem to work correctly. COLORBLEND(1) for example doesn't dip to black: I only see some flashing black tiles.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 6:51pm

Hi,

I got an tiles of previous scene in bottom left quarter of left eye

That sounds like you're using an too old krpano version (and too old webvr plugin).

Please try using the latest krpano version!

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, May 1st 2020, 6:55pm

Hi,

I got an tiles of previous scene in bottom left quarter of left eye

That sounds like you're using an too old krpano version (and too old webvr plugin).

Please try using the latest krpano version!

Best regards,
Klaus
Hi Klaus!
I have used the latest version, 360gradenfotografie has same issues.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 6:57pm

Then please post a link to your example.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 9:37pm

Works for me, no problem (tested on Oculus Quest using Oculus Browser 9.0.0.2.38).

What Oculus Browser version do you use?

Additionally maybe try clearing the browser cache.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 9:45pm

Oculus Go, Oculus browser 9.0.0.2.38
In VR mode when I clicking a "next scene" button - in left eye I see old tiles in 1/4 of eye.
Tested on 2 GOs in different tours we got same error.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 10:24pm

Works for me, no problem (tested on Oculus Quest using Oculus Browser 9.0.0.2.38).

What Oculus Browser version do you use?

Additionally maybe try clearing the browser cache.

I confirm the problem. 100% repeatability. The cache on the device was cleared. The address (url) changed during the tests. The problem appeared after a forced transition from one technology to another (webVR -> webXR). Before that, there was a tour that worked perfectly in VR mode.

It is about a Oculus Go.
You can repeat the problem:
1. Create a standard tour version 1.20.6.
2. Open it in the oculus browser (Oculus Go!).
3. When moving to the next scene, the described problem arises. In the lower left quarter of the visible area, part of the previous scene is temporarily displayed.

Friday, May 1st 2020, 11:43pm

Here it is: YouTube video

Oculus Browser 9.0.0.2.38, krpano 1.20.6, using:

Source code

loadscene(%1, null, NOPREVIEW|MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING, BLEND(1, easeInOutQuad));

Saturday, May 2nd 2020, 9:08pm

Hi,

I see now and can confirm.

That's something new and must be related to the latest Oculus Browser update, in the previous version this didn't happen, regardless if using the WebVR or the WebXR API.

Will check and look for fixes or workarounds of course.

Best regards,
Klaus

Sunday, May 10th 2020, 1:07am

Klaus, I have a question.

I was faced with the fact that the

Source code

depth
settings for hotspots (markers, tooltips) optimal for the oculus go in webVR-mode became extremely unsuitable for webXR-mode. Everything has become too "large".

Can two kinds of depth settings be specified for these two modes?

I am afraid that the optimal for webXR on the oculus go will become too small for webVR on the oculus go (not updated, with the old browser, with webVR default)

What is the best thing to do in this situation?

As far as I understand (https://krpano.com/docu/html/#webxr) I can not prohibit the use of WebVR mode? Then not updated oculus go will show an incorrect scale?
I want depth.webvr and depth.webxr *rolleyes*

https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#oversampling
Now we need to forget about this parameter? Can't set a higher value for sensitive places? (Hotspots, buttons, texts)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "localhostroot" (May 10th 2020, 1:19am)

Monday, May 25th 2020, 5:31pm

Hi,

this is fixed now in krpano 1.20.7.

Best regards,
Klaus