You are not logged in.

Monday, November 2nd 2020, 6:00pm

Hi @lrivero,
thank you for your reply, what I need to achieve is the floor navigation for a 3D model, I saw this example and the 3D tour has exactly what I need:

https://www.virtualtuur.com/casa/tuur/

The only plugin that I know is Navigator for Everpano but is not available as standalone, I use other 3D software to make my models.
Could anyone help me, please?
Thank you.

Scott Witte

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 5:19am

Collision avoidance in 3D Models?

Klaus,

What are the prospects of adding collision avoidance to the 3D models. As it is you can move right through walls, for instance. The program obviously "knows" where walls and other objects are, so could a routine be added to stop motion once the viewpoint encounters such an object? Getting fancier, if the angle of "collision" was high enough motion could continue while scraping along the wall or object without crossing through it. You see this in computer games all the time.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 10:01am

Hi,

What are the prospects of adding collision avoidance to the 3D models ... The program obviously "knows" where walls and other objects are

In 3d-games typically a very-low-poly-model is used for collision-detection. To check for a collision one or more rays/vectors (e.g. down to the floor, into the moving direction) are hit-tested with each triangle of that low-poly-model.

A low-poly model is required therefore because doing that with a large full-poly-model would be typically way to slow to achieve.

Another more simple solution for collision-testing would be using a 2d-model (e.g. just the room walls as lines) and testing for hitting these lines, like in many old FPS-games.

But that means in any way a pre-processed model for collision detection would be required.
A good way for doing such might be probably a solution as krpano-plugin. Maybe in future krpano versions.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 5:05pm

Virtual Tuur Example

I just checked this out https://www.virtualtuur.com/casa/tuur/and wanted to say 'Tuur you are a god'

It is the best example I have seen yet of these models with projections, furniture and all! Very impressive.

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, November 4th 2020, 11:04am

Thank you my Son ! *g*

More info on this here:
https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p…83792#post83792

Tuur *thumbsup*

Thursday, November 5th 2020, 1:48pm

I also checked, but it was very hard to start on my Quest2, because the "allow" button for webxr at bottom always disappeared, i only saw the welcome screen and hear the music. But after 10th try, i finally hit that button before disappear.
Yeah, nice, but only can rendered at 75fps, so at 90Hz DRR it stutters a little. Too much work for my Quest2? *unsure*

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Thursday, November 5th 2020, 2:19pm

mmm.. the allow button.. have seen that once yes..
but why it disappeares...?
Not sure if that is anything we can control..(?)
Should go vr when click on intro splash.

Quoted

Yeah, nice, but only can rendered at 75fps, so at 90Hz DRR it stutters a little. Too much work for my Quest2?

Not sure.. i'll have a try/look.

But anyway.. this 90HZ is experimental.. so the fix is simple, just put it off (!)

Tuur *thumbsup*

Saturday, November 7th 2020, 1:38pm

I hate 72Hz flickering :)
My panos works nicely at 90Hz, although not depthmapped.

Monday, November 9th 2020, 1:26pm

Hi,
When I dynamically created a hotspot child layer, I found that the scale values worked differently depending on the version.

1.20.7The size of the child layer is determined regardless of the scale value of the parent hotspot.
The size of the child layer follows the scale value of the parent hotspot.
I think 1.20.7 is easier to use because the scale children attribute of the hotspot cannot be used.
yasushi kumon

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem after the update. I created custom hotspots via dynamically added child layers. I've set tween scale animation in the hotspot style, but not in the child layer styles. After the update, every child layer is tweening with the parent.

So, is this how its going to be for now on or?

Thank you!
Kristiyan

Monday, November 9th 2020, 6:39pm

Hi,
When I dynamically created a hotspot child layer, I found that the scale values worked differently depending on the version.

1.20.7The size of the child layer is determined regardless of the scale value of the parent hotspot.
The size of the child layer follows the scale value of the parent hotspot.
I think 1.20.7 is easier to use because the scale children attribute of the hotspot cannot be used.
yasushi kumon

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem after the update. I created custom hotspots via dynamically added child layers. I've set tween scale animation in the hotspot style, but not in the child layer styles. After the update, every child layer is tweening with the parent.

So, is this how its going to be for now on or?

Thank you!
Kristiyan

Hi,

thanks for reporting!
This was an unexpected side-effect of this change in 1.20.8:

Quoted

New: Support the 3D translations (image.ox/oy/oz, view.tx/ty/tz/ox/oy/oz, hotspot.torigin/tx/ty/tz) also fully for CSS3D hotspots.

With the next release (version 1.20.9, very soon) this will work again and the children elements will not scale automatically - but that currently only when the hotspot itself is not a textfield. Textfields with a different than scale=1.0 setting are unfortunately a known issue (which will be fixed too of course, but not in the next release).

Best regards,
Klaus