kmakemultires command line options

• I am pretty new to krpano. After having evaluated various web panorama viewers/players I found krpano (beta 8) to fit my needs best, as I do a lot of handheld partial panoramas.

I'd like to automate the process of the creation of the partial cylindrical/spherical multiresolution files from the stiched image file using kmakemultires.

I have Autopano Pro embed the fov and type in the filename (e.g. "name_183.8x86.4_C.jpg"). At the moment I use this information to manually create a kmakemultires configuration file (altering the hfov, vfov, and type) and execute "kmakemultires <config-file> <image-file>" to create the multiresolution files.

I could easily extract the hfov, vfov, and type from the filename using regular expressions and call kmakemultires, passing these options as command parameters. Are there kmakemultires command line options to specify the hfov, vfov, and type? All the other configuration options should still be taken from the configuration file (I could have one for each panorama type).

I do not quite understand, why the image specific configuration (e.g. hfov, vfov, type) is currently passed using the configuration file, as it is quite cumbersome to edit the configuration for each image to process.

If there are no plan I could fallback to create a configuration file programmatically, but I would prefer if kmakemultires would be more felxible.

Thanks in advance, greetings from Stuttgart, Germany,
    Jens

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!