understanding the new tile order

• I've just updated to krpano 1.16.8 from 1.0.8.14 and I'm getting in a mess over the tile order.
    I often need to look at the Nadir and edit it and previously I've been opening up the 'd' tiles and editing them in photoshop. With the update everything is numbered and I can't work out the order. Can you please put me right so I can edit the bases of my tours.

If there's an easier way to do this I'm all ears.

Surely I'm not the first to have gotten confused with this? Are there updated instructions somewhere that I'm missing.

Really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks

UPDATE - Ah, so the old l2_d_0202.jpg (507kb) is now d/l2/2/l2_d_2_2.jpg (49kb). The scale must have changed and folder l3 now holds the larger tiles but it's that order I cant get my head around. Which tiles cover the floor?

PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS! *sad*

• I've just made a test multires pano and look into it. The best way to see the order is to open the "mobile_d.jpg" in some photo-viewing program and then next to it see the tiles in the "mres_d" folder. As you can see, the order goes from top-left to bottom-right. For example, in the "l3" folder, folder "1" contains upper row of tiles from left to right. The last folder (in my case it's folder "5") contains the bottom row of tiles from left to right. So the name of each tile means, e.g.:

l3_d_5_1.jpg - level 3, down, vertical row 5, horizontal tile 1.

Hope this is a bit clear now *smile*

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi,

There is no 'new tile-order', but there can be different default settings in some droplets compared to previous versions.
    Basically you can use any 'tile-order' you want, look in the config files for the tilepath setting.

Please see here for details:
    https://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/config/#tilepath

Btw - editing the multires tiles doesn't make much sense!
    If you need to edit the cube faces, use the Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet, then edit the cube faces, and then drop the edited cube faces on the MAKE PANO / MAKE VTOUR droplet.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Btw - editing the multires tiles doesn't make much sense!
    If you need to edit the cube faces, use the Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet, then edit the cube faces, and then drop the edited cube faces on the MAKE PANO / MAKE VTOUR droplet.

THANK YOU! That's a much easier way and I wouldn't have thought of it. I knew this was a rediculous way around but didn't see an alternative. You've made my day *wink*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!