understanding the new skins

• So I've just updated to 1.16 and I'm really struggling with what I'm sure are great changes but I really need a page/document explaining the skins. Is there such a guide that I can be pointed to please?

For example I LOVE the tour editor which makes placing hotspots a dream, but I don't want to use the navigation or thumbnails. I thought I'd removed the navigation but when I click through to my next scene the thumbnails all appear at the top of my tour again!

Somebody please explain this to me, I feel like I'm starting all over again but without a manual!

• Ok, after reading another thread I have gone about this a different way. In vtourskin.xml I've gone to 'Skin Layout' and set both 'skin_scroll_window' and 'skin_control_bar' to visible="false" and it's worked.

Is that the way I should be doing this?

Hopefully this will help someone else as it's really not obvious for us less techy guys.

• Hi,

the new default vtour skin is designed to provide a full functional and easy to use skin.
    Due this it was not possible to make it's xml code so simple to make it easy understandable.

But you don't need to use the skin, you can also start with your own empty skin and try adding step by step the things you need.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• How do I stitch it without the skin? I am using the MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.

Please don't think I'm complaining about this great tool, I just note that the way the code is written now is different to what I had been doing and I'd like to understand it but I don't find it easy to learn.

• Hi,

each droplet is referring to a config file (typically located in the templates folder) and there each config files is referring the html and xml templates files. These files were used to build the output files.

You can either change the included default template files or use own ones.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!