krpano in Flex app for iOS

• Hi all,

I have a Flex app and I managed to get krpano onto a canvas. I didn't do a great deal of testing with it yet because the goal is to get it onto iOS. There's a long process needed to get external SWFs to work with iOS which involves using the package process to actually strip the code and put it into the main file. Long story.

The question I have is whether or not the krpano.swf file does any loading of files with flash.display.Loader.load(urlRequest) and if we can have that modified to use a new LoaderContext. I'm getting error #3747 which means it's trying to load a file that the player determines is in another domain and multiple domains are not allowed on iOS. There are a couple of ways to handle this. If it's a remote file then just change the statement to something like this

Code
    loader.load(new URLRequest(path), new LoaderContext(false, ApplicationDomain.currentDomain));

If it's a local file then the local file system can be used to load the file into a bytearray and passed to the loader:

I left out the file not found, the try... catch, and the onIoError for brevity. Naturally those thing should be present in production. I'll be happy to assist with debugging.

TIA,
    Mike

• Hi,

the krpano Flash viewer was developed and designed for the Desktop Flashplayer and not for the iOS AIR Flash runtime (which supports only a subset so far I know). That means the flash viewer will not work at all on iOS.

For iOS the krpano HTML5 viewer need to be used.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!