• Here are two lines of code generated by the 'make pano' and 'make pano multires' droplets:

embedpano({swf:"00.swf", xml:"00.xml", target:"pano", html5:"prefer", passQueryParameters:true});
    embedpano({swf:"00.swf", xml:"00.xml", target:"pano", html5:"auto", passQueryParameters:true});

They differ by only one word but 'prefer' causes problems that cost me an afternoon of testing - Firefox 'prefers' not to read audio files like this:

onstart="stopallsounds();playsound(auto,sounds/hatt.mp3,1|hatt.ogg,1);">

I've tried

onstart="stopallsounds();playsound(prefer,sounds/hatt.mp3,1|hatt.ogg,1);">

to match 'prefer' in the html5 embed script

but ffox still can't find the file, and if I substitute 'auto' it can read them once more...Why 'prefer' at all?

Any info appreciated

JL

• The "auto" in embedpano has nothing to do with the "auto" in playsound.

"auto" in embedpano means that krpano will make what it deems is the best choice between flash and html5 for your browser (and available plugin), whereas "prefer" always picks html5 if krpano thinks your browser can handle it (even if it thinks flash would be a better option). If you use "auto", krpano will pick flash for firefox, which can play back mp3.

The "auto" in playsound means that krpano will automatically pick a name/id for the sound. Any other value will be taken as a litteral name. Two sounds can not play at the same time with the same name/id.

• Hi,

I would also say that the missing 'full'-path for the '.ogg' file is the problem.

Either this - or - the krpano soundinterface plugin is too old - or - your server doesn't deliver the '.ogg' file (this can happen when the file-permissions are wrong - or on some severs when they don't know the mime-type of the file-extension).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!