editor.swf is modified, malware or ???

• Hi, very strange thing today, working on an online project, including the editor.swf plugin in my xml file, first time it works perfect, when I reload no editor anymore...
    The file editor.swf is still here but it's file size has changed (145 ko instead of 69 ko)...
    I change the file with the original one, same thing, when the plugin is loaded it's size changes and the plugin isn't visible in the browser...

Is it a bug or maybe I have a virus or malware ???

here is the editor file wich has been modified : http://www.360images.fr/strange_editor.rar

thanxs !

• Hi,

that editor.swf file looks indeed strange - when looking inside it with a Hex-editor, it can be seen that that editor.swf in the uncompressed Flash format - header bytes 'FWS', which can explain the bigger size. But the original editor.swf is compressed and has the header bytes 'CWS'.

That means someone has uncompressed and maybe also modified that editor.swf file - but that can't happen from alone of course - and also from not client side.

So when you upload then original editor.swf and after loading it, it is different, then this must be something related either to the server or to the download software (browser/add-ons/system).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!