Side Menu Thumbnails?

• Hi guys, I'm currently experimenting with the side menu plugin and I was wondering if it was possible to add thumbnails to each group? Has anyone tried that before? Here is an example of the code, taken from the "example.xml", so that you may understand better what I am trying to do. I have modified the first object:

<group name="level_1">
    <group name="object_1" value="GROUP 1 - element 1" link="loadscene(pano1_1,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))"><plugin url="path/to/thumbnail.jpg" /></group>
    <group name="object_2" value="GROUP 1 - element 2" link="loadscene(pano1_2,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))" />
    <group name="object_3" value="GROUP 1 - element 3" link="loadscene(pano1_3,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))" />
    </group>

Obviously this does not work but I don't know how else to accomplish this? Is the <plugin> tag is the wrong way to go? Do I need to modify anything else? If I put it like this, the thumbnail appears in the top left corner, as would be expected:

<plugin url="path/to/thumbnail.jpg" />

<group name="level_1">
    <group name="object_1" value="GROUP 1 - element 1" link="loadscene(pano1_1,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))" />
    <group name="object_2" value="GROUP 1 - element 2" link="loadscene(pano1_2,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))" />
    <group name="object_3" value="GROUP 1 - element 3" link="loadscene(pano1_3,null,MERGE,BLEND(0.5))" />
    </group>

I apologize for my stupidity, but I'm still fairly new to working with krpano as well as with xml and all that jazz... I look forward to your ideas!

• Sorry for the late response but yes, that's just what I was looking for! Thanks. I just have one more question: How can I move the text in the menu away from the side? When I change:

Code
    <!-- sidemenu.xml -->
    <menu_settings menu_0_text_x_start="0" />

to let's say "10" the text moves as desired. However, then the colored background which appears on the mouse-over moves, too. How can I separate this link between the two?

• As this is textfield if we move text right than also onover effect is moving. As there is no left padding I have introduced quick and dirty solution -> adding spaces in front of the text.
    There is new settings: left_padding_spaces where you just define text offset you want. Default is 2 spaces. Now it looks like:

Updated code is here:
    sidemenu.xml
    example.xml
    Package (new xml files + thumb folder example) is: here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!