Bing Maps API Keys management, any advice?

• Dear fellows,

As many of us I want to incorporate the Bing maps feature to my VT services list and offer them to future clients in a regular basis. I've already done all the krpano code to integrate the plugin to the interface what I face now is the issue of dealing with the API keys from bingmapsportal.com. I've already got a few free keys and they work fine, what I don't know now is till which point they'll be able to handle the "transactions request" from a specific project without going beyond the limits of the key. Meanwhile I'm not comfortable in selling a tour with the maps feature knowing that they may expire at some point.

I've been surfing the forum searching for other user's experiences into incorporating API keys to their bing maps plugins but surprisingly I didn't find much information about it. I'd already wrote some emails to the Bing Map guys asking their advice but they haven't replied me yet, so I'd really appreciate to hear your experience about working with this keys, ¿How do you sell a tour with bing maps feature? ¿Do you sell it with a free key? ¿Have the free keys worked for you? ¿Do you know what are the costs to get enterprise keys? ¿Have you used them?

About this last point on enterprise keys I found an old price list in the forum (2/4/12) which started at the quite expensive fee of 4,500 euros /year for 300,000 transactions, (public website free keys transactions are 120,000, WTF!!??) which obviously is not gonna work from a commercial point of view if those really are the actual costs.

The immediate "turnaround" I've thought to avoid acquiring very costly keys and to have covered all the transactions from a project (guess two or three out there must be using this already) is to renew the expired keys by creating new free live accounts getting more free keys. I haven't done this but in principle it could work, it would be a bit tedious to be checking all the accounts separately to monitor expiring dates for the keys but the real problem here is that if Bing guys notice this they may block the URL/IP for that particular tour as it surely is not a legal move.

That's the scenario, any help here is very appreciated. Thanks on advance! *thumbsup*

Regards

Luis

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!