How to make thumbs to ignore a scene

• Hi all,
    using krpano version 1.0.8.15, what do I need change to ignore a scene in the thumbnail scroll?
    Is it just a value I need to change as it used to be with 'buildthumbs() in earlier versions, or is it a bit more complex now that we have the scrolling?

thanks.

• Hi Tuur,
    Thanks for the response and the info in the thread you directed me to.
    I used the action code you kindly posted there and entered -id="show"- to all the tours that I want to be in the thumbs.
    This has the desired affect and the tour that I don't want in the thumbscroll is ignored. However, there is something strange going on with the thumb border.
    Rather than try to explain the issue, there's a link to the tour at the end of this message. Maybe, if you have a couple of moments spare, you could have a quick look and let me know if you had any similar problem.

Thanks for your time.

Kev

http://www.360examples.net/jon_kay/casa_verde/casa_verde.html

• There's a controversy between what is triggered when a thumb has been clicked and "onnewpano" event of the "vtourskin". Let's see:

Any thumb is set to:

Code
    set(layer[get(thumbname)].onclick, copy(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, name); loadscene(get(linkedscene), null, MERGE, BLEND(0.5)); );

Okay so the thumbborder goes to its parent - current thumb (we see it actually). But after it action "skin_update_scene_infos();" is triggered and here we see:

Code
    txtadd(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, 'skin_thumb_', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].index));

So the thumbborder goes to the parent and this parent is resolved by "scene" index. If I understand this right, you have more scenes than there are thumbs in the control bar, so the index here is bigger. What is delete the whole above line? Anyway there's no need to check thumbstates and parent because I see no other way in your tour to go to another scene except to click on a thumb.

Hope this helps...

• Hi Alexey,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I have deleted the line 'txtadd(layer[skin_thumbborder].parent, 'skin_thumb_', get(scene[get(xml.scene)].index));' and everything seems to be as it should be apart from that there is no thumbborder when the tour initially starts. I guess this is because the first tour is loaded by closing the floor plan rather than clicking on the thumb.....?
    This solution is great for me at the moment as the tour is still in draft stage and I just need to show it to the client for approval. My worry is that the client is probably going to ask for some navigation arrows or maybe active hotspots on the floor plans.
    With this line of code deleted, am I right in thinking that the thumborder is not going to work? If so, is there anything else I can do apart from ditching the black and white opening scene and working within the boundaries of my limited abilities? *wacko*

Kev

• When i remember right i had another solution for the thumb border etc..
    And when i'm right i had no further issues on anything else in that tour..
    I will have a look tonight and sent you the code i used.
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Thanks for sharing your code with me Tuur but, unfortunately, it doesn't solve my issue.

For now, I'm going to remove the scene that is causing me the grief (a black and white copy of the opening scene which offers a quite nice 'fade into colour' effect as the tour starts), get the job approved by the client, make any necessary changes and get paid! *thumbup*
    Meanwhile, I think I need to do some studying so that I have a better understanding of the code and, in future, I can sort these issues out for myself and not waste peoples valuable time on the forum!

If I do manage to sort it out, I'll post up the code for anyone else who may have use for it.

Thanks again for time and interest..... you too Alexey.

• So all this fuss was to make fade effect from grayscale to full color??

Well, I went the other way in one of my VTs - just overlay grayscale cubes as distorted hotspots 1000x1000 px over the actual color cubefaces and make them tween to alpha 0 on onloadcomplete. And that's it. And some condition so that this animation work only during the first load of the tour.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!