You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Alexey Tkachenko

Professional

• "Alexey Tkachenko" started this thread

Monday, December 9th 2013, 3:37pm

Delay when playing a short sound (iPad 4 and Google Nexus)

Hi!

I needed to play a short sound (about one second total time) when clicked on a hotspot. I stated the files in three formats - mp3, wav and ogg. Like this:

Source code

playsound(ding, '%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.mp3|%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.ogg|%SWFPATH%/interfaces/0912/sound/ding.wav',1);

On desktop all works fine, while on iPad 4 and on Google Nexus I hear some delay between a click and the sound itself. I suspect this is due to some tablet browser peculiarities. So I wonder if "preloadsound();" can help here and if so, what is the right way to use this action? Should I put it immediately before the playsound(); action or can this preload be done in the very start of the whole tour?

Thanks for help!
Regards,

Alexey

Umalo

Professional

Monday, December 9th 2013, 8:05pm

When sound interface was released for HTML5 I made project for IPAD and when testing discovered this delay.
Couldn't solve this and removed sound on HTML5 - only click
Don't know exactly but I think I read that sound interface is behaving different on HTML5 getting sound source every time from server and that's why there is delay.
If there is workaround today I would also like to know about it.
regards
Umalo