Have all but given up on panos

• After perfecting my craft - I find I cannot get any panorama work.
    Either clients want to pay too little or I am blocked from the work because
    of contracts that hotels and the like have with the big providers.
    The manager of a local hotel expressed frustration that the national
    contract they have now prevents her from using my services.

I have contacted the big providers but they pay so little - it is not worth my time.

Google is also a problem. People are happy with free pano and
    don't see value in expanding a tour. Have applied to be "trusted Google photographer"….
    Never heard back - even after several inquires.

One of my biggest clients stopped doing panos and now it's only YouTube videos.
    At least I still produce his videos.

Very ironic that I learned KR Pano specifically to provide tours on iPad and iPhone,
    only to see the market dry up for independents.

I have not shot a panorama since May of 2013.

This is in US. What is everyones else's experience?

• Very Saaad(((( Here in Ukraine VT market is rather alive. Hovewer, not very much profitable, yet far from dying. i monitored companies which produce VTs in Ukraine and there are not so many who offer Krpano. Another question is that ofter customers are satisfied with lower quality for lower costs. I've seen lots of crap tours and wondered how they managed to sell them...

• Same here..
    Just lost a job that i initiated in the first place. :-/ 6500€ ++
    Now some amature dombo google ass that can use panotour pro just a bit is gonna do it.
    And it's not the first time.
    Very crappy quality..
    Ptp tours always look sort of the same... Very boring...

Which is stupid, because i suppose you want nice and good 360's in the first place.
    I can not imagine that this client is gonna be satisfied... But they now nothing about it, so they just think 360 is 360..
    And they will not get what they initialy ordered. Money is gonna kill the world.

I hope Klaus sells not to much to panotour pro.. And better not to quick...
    For me, selling to them was a big mistake in the first place...
    But i can imagine why he did that.
    Let them wait a few years for the multi res and other new features..

Tuur *thumbdown*

• Very Saaad(((( Here in Ukraine VT market is rather alive. Hovewer, not very much profitable, yet far from dying. i monitored companies which produce VTs in Ukraine and there are not so many who offer Krpano. Another question is that ofter customers are satisfied with lower quality for lower costs. I've seen lots of crap tours and wondered how they managed to sell them...

Yes, many people doing low quality work for a quick buck. But many clients do not know difference. Only see invoice for work.

• Same here..
    Just lost a job that i initiated in the first place. :-/ 6500€ ++
    Now some amature dombo google ass that can use panotour pro just a bit is gonna do it.
    And it's not the first time.
    Very crappy quality..
    Ptp tours always look sort of the same... Very boring...

Tuur *thumbdown*

Yes, there will always be someone to take job for lower price. I have two good video clients. I almost
    work full-time for one of them so income is OK. I cannot take jobs just for portfolio or to have fun.
    Been there - done that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!