Updating Panotour Pro 1.8 tours to use the new Krpano 1.17 pre Release

• I used to use the Krpano update tool in all the previous vesions of 1.17 and it worked fine for all my PTP 1.8 tours.

How do I do it now?

Just renaming the krpano.js file to krpanoiphone.js didn't work and of course was only a shot in the dark.

• I'm running out time on this issue - no one has any idea of how to fix this?

Klauss - can you just take the expiry timer off the last version of the 1.17 beta for us?

It worked just fine and there is no other way to keep these great HTML5 features in my published PTP 1.8 tours after Dec 31st if this is not fixed.

Reworking the tours in PTP V2 is just not an option.

• Hello,

hope i can help

I use also PanoturPro 1.8.

I think first of all you have to extract the embeddet PanotourPro1.8 License.
    Open Panotour -> click on "Help" then -> "Licenses" -> then -> "Export Licenses". Now you have your License File -> open it.

Then you open the krpano-1.17.pr Folder---> open the krpano Tools and
    click on the Register Krpano license Button and copy and paste your PanotourPro extracted License in the Texfield.

Think it works

• Hi,

the old PTP 1.8 exported license files will not work in version 1.17, but you can get a new license for free here - just enter there the email address that was used when ordering PTP:
    https://krpano.com/buy/upgrade/

Regarding updating old PTP tours itself - try it this way:

1. Register the new krpano license once in the 'krpano Tools' program.
    2. Take any (smallest possible) pano image and drop it once on the MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet.
    3. Now you have two registered krpano viewers:
      - the tour.swf - this is the krpano Flash viewer,
      - and the tour.js - this the krpano HTML5 viewer + plus the krpano Embedding script.
    4. Then either edit the html file from your PTP output and change there the old 'swfkrpano.js' (or 'swfobject.js') script including to the tour.js and instead of the old swf use the new tour.swf (btw - you can rename the also files freely of course) - or maybe better - take also the tour.html and use it as new html file and change inside it only the name/path of the xml to the PTP xml file.
    5. Additionally also replace all plugin files with the newer versions.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• That is great Klaus!! Thanks a ton for getting on top of this very important issue for me.

I will let you know how it goes once I test.

I so wish all developers were on the ball like this! I just can't say enough about how much I like the Krpano HTML5 Display engine!!

All I want now are Little Planet projects - and this is only for fun as I like them.

Everything you have delivered in 1.17 is what my clients love and pay for! Keep up the great work!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!