You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 8:09pm

files larger than 4gb failing to tile

I am using the new 1.17.pr version of KR Panotools I am running into an issue tiling .psbs larger than 4GB I am using the MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet.bat droplet.

in the cmd window it gets as far as printing "Output: Flash=yes HTML5=yes Press any key to continue . . ."
After pressing any key it just quits and produces no files. It is happening on both partial panoramas and sphericals.

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 8:51pm

Hi,

thanks for the hint!

I have tested that case now and right there is unfortunately a small and completely unexpected Windows related bug there.

In the Windows version some internal system functions were swapped/changed for Unicode filename support - and one of the new functions for checking if a filepath is a directory or a file, fails unexpectedly when a file is larger than 4 GB...

Here for the moment a fixed krpanotools64.exe (just replace the current one with it), a fixed full release will come after the xmas days:
Edit: Link removed - the problem is already fixed in 1.17 Prerelease 2.

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 8:55pm

Wow now that is service! :) Thanks for the fix Klaus!

Monday, January 20th 2014, 11:00am

Hi,

I found this thread and thought that this might be related to a problem I have.
Is the link down?
could I get the fixed file to see if it helps me?

All the best,
Shai

Monday, January 20th 2014, 11:54am

Hi,

that's already fixed in 1.17 Pre Release 2:
http://krpano.com/news/#releasenotes117pr2

Best regards,
Klaus