Hotspot not working on Windows 8 Metro app

• Hi
    We are developing an touch application on windows 8 and we need to embed interactive VR content made using KRpano. Its working properly except for hotspots. HTML5 is set as always and the hotspot is working using click of mouse, but we are unable to click them using touch. :( Pls help.

• KRPANO version 1.17

Its not actually IE. It is inside the windows 8 metro application webview. It is supposedly IE 10. But the thing is it's working smoothly on IE and but not on this webview. All features except hotspots are working. Its just the hotspots. Please help.

• Hmm...

You say the same content is working in IE10 and IE11, but not in your IE Webview...?
    And mouse-click is working but touching not?

That's strange of course...

Is there maybe some kind of custom element that is overlapping the viewer? (and maybe blocking the touch events)

What is the hotspot onclick doing?
    Is there is any Javascript or URL-changing involved?
    Are there any Javascript errors?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the prompt response. You heard it right. IE 10 and IE11 is handling it well but not the metro application webview, which is supposedly ie10 equivalent.

We have not used any javascript or handled any onclick functions in our app. Our app is in C# .NET and we are just calling a webview which loads the krpano output. We tried opening our output in local machine testing server, cloud server, and we also tried opening examples in krpano site and other sites which our friends have made using krpano ( eg olea43.com ). Same problem arising. Touch is working to move around and clicking all the other buttons in toolbar below. Its just the hotspots that have an issue.

I really hope there is something we could do to resolve this.

Arjun Satheesh

• Hi,

is your app faking the user agent?
    The user agent should be at least contain 'MSIE' or 'Trident' to allow detecting the IE...

What is shown in the krpano log?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,

no we are not faking the User Agent. We are just opening the url in a webview. As simple as opening up google of facebook in a webview of the application.

Being a beginner to KRpano, this might seem dumb, but where can I see the log? I didnt get any error messages on screen where this is shown.

• Hi,

Being a beginner to KRpano, this might seem dumb, but where can I see the log? I didnt get any error messages on screen where this is shown.

On desktop by pressing the 'o' button on the keyboard, on mobile/tablet devices by touching the right-bottom corner and moving up ~1/3 of the device height.

Or as easier alternative call the showlog() action from xml.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!