information panels / info boxes

• Hello Umalo

I can't follow your explanation of how to show the info_panel. I copied your file on my computer (Dreamweaver) and it works, but it will not work with my panorama. I must be missing something.

Is there some more information on Krpano site. If there is more info under the name show info plugin?

Thanks

Elliot

• Hard to say without the code but in general you have to:
    - prepare as many infoboxes you want. image name to be info_1.png, info_2.png ... stored in folder /info
    - in each scene add attribute: info_name="info_1" if the box for this scene is named info_1. It could be any name if info box image is the same name
    - also add onstart="show_info()" in each scene. There are also other ways e.g. with event onnewpano how this call can be achieved. This is only one option.
    - info_x.png is to be also stored in /info folder
    - don't forget to copy/paste new plugins info_box and info_x and also action show_info

If you are still not able try understanding code first than apply it to your project. Try comparing differences in scene definitions in my example and in your generated code

• Hello Umalo

Following your instructions I was able to make it work. I don't really understand why it works because I don't see an actual plugin saying info_box among my files.

At any rate it is working in a very fine manner.

Thanks a lot
    Elliot

• Hello Ummalo

Something interesting has happened. I use Dreamweaver to do my webpage. When I try the page on my local computer everything works. When I load the page on the website the info_box doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Elliot

• Anton

Thanks for your help. You were right, it was the cookies. We are using Windows 8.1. When you try to clean the cookies on W 8.1 the first line of the options have to be un-checked. If you don't uncheck the first line the machine will not clean the cookies.

Regarding your question Are you able to make event with onidle to turnoff the info box after e.g. 10sec. I have not tried.

That is next. Where is that I have to place the "onidle". Are there any instruction on the Krpano page?

Thanks again for your help
    Elliot

• You have to find this information on:
    - forum e.g. Link
    - Documentation: Link
    - or in examples folder in krpano package. There are many examples. Without checking but pretty sure you can quickly find some onidle example there.
    (online version Link Explore your local version of examples. There is specific eample for events: Link to online version
    Link tio code

Don't forget to set idletime and test if counter is reseted when loading new scene or it must be reseted manualy.

• I think you mixed this example with other where I used fix_infobox_aspectresize but anyway glad it help you.
    Umalo

P.S. fix_infobox_aspectresize should be called from onresize event and maybe from plugin onloaded attribute so check there when and why it is not triggered.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!